KETO for type II, PCOS, infertility

Options
In 2016, I successfully used KETO to become pregnant with my second child after 5 years of struggling with PCOS, infertility, hormone imbalance, hypothyroidism, and insulin resistance that became type II diabetes. I got diabetes at 34% body fat composition, which proves how important hormone regulation is in the body. In Feb 2016 I started KETO after a month of insulin injections left me heavier and feeling like I was going to die at 31 years old. I stopped all my meds. By April I had dropped the weight, regulated my blood sugar, and got pregnant (after 5 years of I fertility!!!) My second child was born January 2017. I went of KETO during pregnancy and breastfeeding, and recently weaned my baby in January 2018. The hormone fluctuations combined with hormonal birth control led to a flare up of my metabolic condition. My fasting blood sugars were soon 350. Went back on KETO, discontinued meds, and I was back to fasting blood sugars between 85-100. Initially loosing water weight and some body fat. Dropped 1/2 inch of neck, 1.5 inches of waist, and 2 inches off hips. My rings are falling off my fingers. I have energy, and best off all I don’t feel like a 33 year old woman at deaths door. MyFitnessPal helps me track macros and calories, I love it!

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Glad the site is helping you out. Sounds like you have what works for you pretty well figured out, keep it up!

~best wishes