Help please! Interested in heavy lifting...question

Options
I have lost 50lbs with little to no exercise since starting MFP in January of this year. I am stil considered obese at 5ft 3.75 and 207.6. I am a 32 year old female size 16 wanting to get down to a size 2/4. I did it before many years ago but I did not exercise and paid the price of excess skin. Most was taken care of with elective surgery. So here I am on the journey, again, but this time I want to avoid surgery if at all possible. Plus...I don't want to be skinny fat. I have read many posts about heavy lifting, and although I was a naysayer at first...I am now convinced it is the best way to go. So no debate needed...my rambling was mostly to lead to this next question....can I manage a drop to a size 2/4 with heavy lifting alone? Is that possible? Will my body plateau at one point since there is so much to lose? Also, I am eating 1200 a day. I would love to be able to increase that a little. Wil I be able to with lifting? I don't want to end up screwing up my metabolism like I did last time.

Any help, pics, results, is very much appreciated.

Replies