Workout wear for the ladies!

Options
I tried Grrl leggings because someone recommended them. I was very let down. I thought they where no better than Target brand. I need something that will stay put during workouts and won't be see through for squats. Any suggestions?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    Options
    I like Kirkland's brand.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,727 Member
    Options
    I know I'm not a lady, but the Target C2 Brand is pretty squat Proof.
  • Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Victoria Secret Total Knockout tights are amazing! They are squat proof, really thick and hold everything in nicely. On the pricey side, but they always seem to run some kind of sale. I also like Nike, Under Armor (although I always feel like I'm adjusting those). Nordstrom has an in house brand called Zella. They are similar to the Victoria Secret leggings. I found mine at Nordstrom Rack for cheap. Nordstrom Rack also has their own brand, Z by Zella. Have not tried those yet. And for super cheap, ODODOS on Amazon. They are pretty basic as far as prints and colors but they are squat proof.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,966 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I think I’m the only one who hates the high waisted trend. I find it to be uncomfortable. I wear target (champion?) leggings which are fine. I also bought some leggings off of amazon that I like as well (they have pockets for your phone!) ododus is the brand. Both are high waisted which most women seem to be ok with.
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    I have a ton of Fila that I absolutely love!
  • Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    I think I’m the only one who hates the high waisted trend. I find it to be uncomfortable. I wear target (champion?) leggings which are fine. I also bought some leggings off of amazon that I like as well (they have pockets for your phone!) ododus is the brand. Both are high waisted which most women seem to be ok with.

I don't particularly like the look of the high waisted trend, but as a mom of three (including twins), my lose skin very much appreciated the high waist haha! No one wants to see that flapping around at the gym!!
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    After trying several brands (no expensive one's though, all under $45) I mostly only wear Gaiam brand that I get from Kohls. For running, I like the just above the knee ones, everything else just under the knee or full length.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    Wife and her trainer both wear Lululemon...they both squat without issue.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Why the let down?

They stay put and they are squat proof.
    Which ones did you try? They are not all made equal.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I have some high waisted Nike Running Leggings that I like, also UA ones that are fine. I have found that no one brand is consistently awesome and the ones that fell down seemed more related to my waist-butt ratio than the leggings themselves.

• CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Marika (I think that is how it is spelled). I usually can find them at Tjmaxx and zulily has them quite often for pretty cheap. I like the high waist ones because they stay put
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    For tights that stay put my favorite are generally of the high waist seamless variety. Tight sizes always seem to run differently so i'm including my sizes for reference (i'm 5'6 145). These are my favorites:

I loved lululemons "Ebb to street" and "Flow and go" tights both of which are discontinued but can be found on ebay new with tags much cheaper than they ever were retail (about $50-60 if you keep looking). They generally run true to size and I wear a 4. I also like certain varieties of their most popular wonder unders, I wear a 4 or 6 depending on material.

For a cheap version of seamless high waist tights that aren't see through, I love these amazon tights. The S/M is a perfect fit. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074TQRP4P/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As annoying as Fabletics is, their high waisted "powerhold leggings" are surprisingly great quality. With their 2 for $24 deal its worth it to sign up for "VIB" and cancel right away after ordering. I ordered an xs but I might consider a regular S if I ever ordered these again.
    https://www.fabletics.com/index.cfm?action=pdp.product&id=4610596&product_id=4610596&pid=0&original_master_product_id=4610596
  • erikabecht
    erikabecht Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I like the Xersion from JcPenney. The high waisted ones are my preference.
  • amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Nearly all of my workout leggings are from Forever21! Really comfy and most of them come with pockets and a little pocket on the waistband for keys and things
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with Fabletics - I find them great fitting, they hold up to some abuse, and supportive - oh, and kinda cute, too!
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Athleta. I love Athleta.
  • klrenn
    klrenn Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    amyteacake wrote: »
    Nearly all of my workout leggings are from Forever21! Really comfy and most of them come with pockets and a little pocket on the waistband for keys and things

My absolute favorite workout shorts are from forever21. Very nice weight and a good inseam length (not too short or too long)

definitely squat proof!

I don’t look good in leggings or capris (short legs) so if I’m going to wear pants I like a straighter leg yoga pant.
  • carolyn000000
    carolyn000000 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    zella from Nordstoms
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,571 Member
    Options
    I basically live in the Lululemon Align pants. Work of art.