Strangest thing someone has said to you about health/diet??

Options
124»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    "Two slices of pizza are the same as eating two spoonfuls of warm oil." WHAT?!?!?!?

Lol what's hilarious is that I understand the totally messed up logic behind that - the mentality that oil is what's bad for you, and there's as much fat in 2 slices of pizza than 2 spoonfuls of oil (obviously not taking into account protein and carbs, because clearly only fat makes you gain weight).

Same logic as 'yogurt is bad for you because it has so much sugar', except that in that one, sugar is the devil.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    One of my workmates swore off of bread because 'carbs make you fat'. She said all of this while eating a big bowl of oats.

Knew a chick who couldn't lose weight on low carb. Found her eating a bag of jelly beans. She didn't think sugar was a carb, cause carbs are white and jelly beans are different colours.

LMAO!! (And don't people read the nutritional info, especially if they're "low-carb"??)
  • Lesscookies1
    Lesscookies1 Posts: 250 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    An ex of mine once said that if I drank some ACV with each meal it will help me loose weight.
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    An Asian friend of mine recently tried to explain to me an idea of “hot” foods. It wasn’t literal hotness but something my western mind didn’t quite grasp. Could it have been something like that?

You mean "yang" foods? Haha! I took eastern philosophy and medicine and they tell you that some foods are "hot" or "yang"in nature.. I think that's what your friend meant.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    An ex of mine once said that if I drank some ACV with each meal it will help me loose weight.

You dated Dr. Oz??? :D

lol