Hey there! I've been here before.

BananaFueled
BananaFueled Posts: 1 Member
edited February 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, World of MFP.

I'm here to count calories, kind of. Going with intermittent fasting. (Done it before, never perfectly and not for any real length of time. But I shall try again.)

The cycle will be one to two days in a row of modified fasts (aiming for 500 calories, but really it'll probably stretch to 800 calories). That's followed by a normal-not-a-binge-just-regular food day. So a cycle of normal/fast/fast is my intention. (Intentions have paved a road or two...)

I do not eat animals. Or animal products. Just plants basically.

Today's looking like a good fast day so far.

Side note, and completely unrelated, but has anyone seen the new Tom Hardy "Venom" trailer?? That movie should be good!!!!

2irvdx8rs9k2.jpeg

Replies

• crphilipp
    crphilipp Posts: 5 Member
    I have been doing intermittent fasting for several months, the weight is really coming off, and I am full of energy. As a note, I would check out Jason Fung's videos on youtube,

Dr. Jason Fung's Youtube channel

I have pretty much given up on Breakfast and Lunch, and I eat dinner every once in a while. I do end up craving nuts in the evening, but I suspect that this is a salt craving. Be sure to drink plenty of water while you are fasting, and have some salt if you feel a craving. Also, there are some podcasts you might want to check out,

The Obesity Code Podcast
    2 Keto Dudes

There is a lot of good information there. a Ketogenic diet and fasting are closely related, since both put you into a state of Ketosis. I hope this is helpful.
  • crphilipp
    crphilipp Posts: 5 Member
    BTW, I am very excited about the Venom movie too, I love me some Tom Hardy.