I'm stuck!

Options
Hi everyone. About 2 weeks ago, I noticed that my calories were set for 1300 per day. I re-entered my goals and MFP recommend going down to 1200 per day, which is a little harder, but doable. The problem is that I lost 8lbs. or so, and after I reduced my intake to 1200, I haven't lost anything. I haven't gained, but making no headway. I'm very frustrated. I've only been on here for 30 days, so I'd say I'm still relatively new. I'm hoping to get some of your opinions on this matter. Thanks!

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    You've lost 8 pounds in 30 days. How are you stuck?

Do you mean you haven't lost anything in the last two weeks?
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I'm sorry you're frustrated! There is a lot of trial and error in weight loss. Take some time to look at this flow chart. Are you using a food scale to log?
    When is the last time you lost?

gzye3t9huezi.jpg
  • Happysoul0317
    Happysoul0317 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm weighing and measuring everything. I don't know. I'll give it more time.
  • aeloine
    Options
    There were other questions that you didn't answer.

• Happysoul0317
    Happysoul0317 Posts: 119 Member
    Options

I guess it's really only been a week and a half that I really haven't lost. I'm probably just being impatient.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,660 Member
    Options
    So why don't you go back to doing what you were doing when you were successful?

Having said that: 8lbs in a month is quite fast and probably more suitable for an obese not overweight person.

And...
    You can see your results by looking at 4 to 6 week trends; not daily or weekly variations.
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    don't feel bad as I've been stuck for months and months... weighing, logging consistently. I believe it's medication related...but I dare not go lower in calories...1560.. 5'10 male.... so it is just what it is. At least I eat healthy and am not gaining, so thankful for that.
  • aeloine
    Options

I guess it's really only been a week and a half that I really haven't lost. I'm probably just being impatient.

I'll refer you back to the flow chart at the top of the page. Less than 3 weeks is not a plateau. It is most likely water retention from a new work out, hormone fluctuations, a sodium high meal, or not enough water. Give it time, more than 3 weeks. In the mean time, start taking measurements and maybe only weigh in once a week.