Intermittent fasting

Options
Anyone had success with this here?

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    There are a bunch of people who have and a bunch of people who haven't. If it helps you stick to your calorie goal then go for it. If it doesn't then it's not for you. I think it's worth trying out as long as you realize that calories are the thing that will actually cause weight loss.
  • francisolorunfunmi
    Options
    Yeah I hear you I think I've done it before but only with cardio and the weight just melted off but I think I was eating about 800 calories a day ( some fruit for breakfast and dinner and then a large meal ) whilst running twice a day. I think I'm going to try it but with weights. I want to feel good not just look " good" I'll never be skinny so *kitten* it
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Yeah I hear you I think I've done it before but only with cardio and the weight just melted off but I think I was eating about 800 calories a day ( some fruit for breakfast and dinner and then a large meal ) whilst running twice a day. I think I'm going to try it but with weights. I want to feel good not just look " good" I'll never be skinny so *kitten* it

Eating only 800 calories per day is a great way to undo all the hard work you put in with the weights in the gym.
  • francisolorunfunmi
    Options
    Dude it worked and I'm not doing it anymore and I wasn't pumping weights
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    crphilipp wrote: »
    I would check out Jason Fung’s videos on YouTube, he puts the whole Calories In / Calories Out paradigm to bed. Remember that the calorie numbers reported on food can vary by up to 20%, according to the FDA.

As for intermittent fasting, I started in September and I have lost +50 pounds so far, and I feel great. After reading the Obesity Code, everything was made clear.

OP, don't read this. Jason Fung is a quack who claims that insulin makes you fat, not calories.

Seconded. Fung is a crackpot who is a laughingstock amongst evidence-based sources. See his silly garbage scientifically torn to pieces here: https://www.myoleanfitness.com/evidence-caloric-restriction/