the6haeggugo.jpeg

If only..

I could

Adjust

That

Knot

My knot is as intended. You are still welcome to adjust. :flowerforyou:

It just needs to be moved ever so slightly

You probably do this on purpose. Like girls who leave their hair just messy enough that you want to fix it
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    More suits!!!..
    utoyox324spl.gif
  • Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,470 Member
    Options
    41854g6ifcx7.jpeg
    the6haeggugo.jpeg

Super smooth as ever sir! :smile:
  • Lift_Run_Eat
    Lift_Run_Eat Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    7e1tw7qa72xe.jpg

More peek sneaks. Dark brown Neopolitan that I caved on. I completely love it. I'll post real pictures next week.

I like the texture in the tie.
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    8mambqitg83c.jpg
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    7e1tw7qa72xe.jpg

More peek sneaks. Dark brown Neopolitan that I caved on. I completely love it. I'll post real pictures next week. @Avocado_AS5

Ohh, very nice, but you’re such a tease. Can’t wait for the rest of the pics.
  • Misty_1375
    Misty_1375 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Oh how I love this thread.....
  • kathybadass
    kathybadass Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    eg63bcjnnhej.jpg
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    py8mzbhkwh57.jpeg
    k1xr3fq79twi.jpeg

This one is a little different. The suit isn't wool, it's a cotton and linen mix that's very lightweight. It's also totally unstructured - no padding at all. It's been 100 degrees here all week with high humidity, and rained for a bit early this morning. It's like living in a hot towel. Those feel great on your face, but it's no place to live. It's also unlined, no stuffy polyester inside.

This type of material is the best type for occasions when you have to be dressed up and honor an occasion, but want to be as comfortable as possible. It's perfect for a summer wedding, for example. Color is a medium blueish gray. Because it's unstructured, it wrinkles more and moves more like casual clothes. The jacket is actually thinner than my shirt.

@Avocado_AS5 because it's hot outside, baby. :flowerforyou:

I have no idea how you could breathe in any kind of suit today. It felt like satan's taint outside this morning.

You look super nice though. :kissing_heart:
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    Looking 👀 😆
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,720 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Looking good, mr @leut_underpants . Wasn't there a comment in another thread about how you could wear a burlap sack and make it look good? Let's see you in a suit made of burlap and how you match the pocket square. ;)

Side question - how often do you take your suits to the dry cleaner?
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    py8mzbhkwh57.jpeg
    k1xr3fq79twi.jpeg

This one is a little different. The suit isn't wool, it's a cotton and linen mix that's very lightweight. It's also totally unstructured - no padding at all. It's been 100 degrees here all week with high humidity, and rained for a bit early this morning. It's like living in a hot towel. Those feel great on your face, but it's no place to live. It's also unlined, no stuffy polyester inside.

This type of material is the best type for occasions when you have to be dressed up and honor an occasion, but want to be as comfortable as possible. It's perfect for a summer wedding, for example. Color is a medium blueish gray. Because it's unstructured, it wrinkles more and moves more like casual clothes. The jacket is actually thinner than my shirt.

Looks fantastic - I love that color!
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Looking good, mr @leut_underpants . Wasn't there a comment in another thread about how you could wear a burlap sack and make it look good? Let's see you in a suit made of burlap and how you match the pocket square. ;)

Side question - how often do you take your suits to the dry cleaner?

4legsRbetterthan2

I didn't say I would look good in it that I recall, only that I was going to resort to wearing them. I lied. You're shocked, I'm sure. :bigsmile:

I dry clean as little as possible. There's some good reasons behind that.

1. Most suits are fused - a fancy way of saying the layers are glued together. Dry cleaning chemicals and temperatures break down that glue, sometimes very quickly. If you've ever gotten a garment back from the cleaners that bubbled, that's why. So repeated cleanings will wreck a suit. If it doesn't smell and doesn't have stains, brush it out with a clothes brush and hang out outside for an hour before storing again. Good suits start at half canvassed, meaning there's a layer between the inside and outside through the chest - not glued, just stitched. All of my suits are half canvassed. Full canvas is even better, but a little heavier.
    2. They just don't get very dirty. The inside layers like the shirt absorb sweat and such. The jacket doesn't get much wear even if it's worn frequently. If you aren't a stinker and don't sweat heavily, there's simply not a need. Cleaning and pressing of the pants happens every few wears.

Burlap should be matched with similarly rough fabrics, like a genuinely coarse wool. It would be a tough find. :)

Why am I here, I am confused?
  • Lift_Run_Eat
    Lift_Run_Eat Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    py8mzbhkwh57.jpeg
    k1xr3fq79twi.jpeg

I like the texture look of this one!!
    Of course I love all your suits
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,720 MFP Moderator
    Options
    @4legsRbetterthan2 apparently @leut_underpants thinks we're interchangeable now. :sunglasses:
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    Options
    @4legsRbetterthan2 apparently @leut_underpants thinks we're interchangeable now. :sunglasses:

that was my thought too. Are we.

Just FYI, we are not the same person, just long lost MFP twins.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    Options

that was my thought too. Are we.

Just FYI, we are not the same person, just long lost MFP twins.

My brain is not to be trusted

sugaraddict4321 and 4legsRbetterthan2 who are clearly different humans

that must mean I am almost as cool as sugar, so I can't complain :smiley:
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    eg63bcjnnhej.jpg

Mmm nice.. one on the left.. 👍

Looking alright too panties.. not sure I like the suit material though, colours ok

• slimgirljo15
    edited July 2018
    Options
    eg63bcjnnhej.jpg

Mmm nice.. one on the left.. 👍

Looking alright too panties.. not sure I like the suit material though, colours ok

Seriously, do I tell you your clothes are wrong? :huh:

I did not say it was wrong. I said Im not keen on the material, it crushes and doesnt look as good as the others.

Timely edit.. now ya tell me.👍