Calorie deficit

Options
2»

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    sflano1271 wrote: »
    He didn't lose any muscle hes ripped now. So how do I get in a calorie deficit with my tdee calories??
    He didn't lose any muscle hes ripped now. So how do I get in a calorie deficit with my tdee calories??

I don’t understand what you’re confused about. Do you know your TDEE? Eat less calories than that. That’s how you get in a calorie deficit. Use MFP to log your foods and use a food scale for accuracy.

Or do what your buddy did since you seem to be such a fan of his results...
  • sflano1271
    sflano1271 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

I don’t understand what you’re confused about. Do you know your TDEE? Eat less calories than that. That’s how you get in a calorie deficit. Use MFP to log your foods and use a food scale for accuracy.

My tdee is 2354 calories
  • jasondjulian
    jasondjulian Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    My tdee is 2354 calories

Then eat less than that. 500 cals less for a 1lb/wk loss on avg, or 1000cals less for about 2lbs/wk (max).

Based on those numbers, I'd suggest you aim for about 1850cals/day and make sure you get your macros in, let everything else fall where it may and make sure to be lifting heavy 2-3 times per week on a proven program, not some made up BS.

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

My tdee is 2354 calories

Consider strongly that since you didn't have an understanding of what BMR and TDEE is - you heard the story wrong, and/or this guy was using the wrong terms to describe his eating level.

There are even a couple of stupid sites that say BMR calc when it's actually giving you your TDEE.

So it's not hard to see how someone could take a light look at the matter and think they know what they are talking about. And then start passing on confusion.