Replies

• CindyLouWhoinWhoville
    CindyLouWhoinWhoville Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is. :'(
  • Horndave22
    Horndave22 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Condolences to you and your family. It is never easy to lose a pet. One they are family and two they give such great unconditional love. How to cope you ask. That is a tricky question. Go through the grieving process. Realize that the process is not linear and not time dependent. Everyone is a bit different in how they handle loss. Talk to someone, exercise, sleep and time help with the grieving process.
  • mybassfishingirl
    mybassfishingirl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss, our animals we own are our family, and they love us unconditionally, up till the end, my heart goes out to you...
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,120 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss....they are like our children and we love them that way....They are impossible not to love...and nothing anyone says can take that pain away. Many of us have gone through it and it leaves a permanent hole in your soul...a hole that is never refilled...but we go on, and as time goes on we learn to deal with the pain....Again, so sorry for your loss. HUGS
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I'm very sorry for your loss
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry, I know how hard it is to lose those special furbabies.
  • AlainaKayy
    AlainaKayy Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I am sorry for your loss. I just recently let go of my 18 y/o mini poodle due to cancer. I would say think about the happiness that your pup gave you and hold on to that. The grief will subside, it takes time. You'll never forget and it won't stop hurting but eventually it won't take over your whole day and mess with your head. After I said goodbye I cried for 3 whole days straight, any time I wasn't thinking about what I was doing I would think about her and how I wish I could of had a couple more days with her. I would be crying without realizing that I was crying and it was bad.

It takes time, I don't have an answer for you unfortunately.
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    0dea0qdsyamq.jpeg

i love that .... I know my buddies are waiting on me and I cant wait to see them again.... especially old Lucky....what a dog.... you remember all the fun times and funny things your doggie did.... laugh and cry.. get it out... i still remember my buddy and talk to him every day..... life goes on.... big hug
  • YogiJear
    YogiJear Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    These are just words from a stranger but as a fur parent myself, my heart goes out to you and I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope you can find some comfort and take solace in the fact that you gave your pup a good life, a good home, and gave it tons of care and love.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry. We lost our beloved dog this fall, also unexpectedly -- and several before him. Hang onto the good memories of how much happiness and unconditional love that you gave to each other. Thinking of you and sending hugs.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    You have my utmost sympathy. I have lost so many wonderful pets over my lifetime and each one is so terribly hard. My dog is my best friend. I can't imagine my life without her. Cherish all the good memories you had together.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss :'(
  • saraorozco0826
    saraorozco0826 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you so so much!