Received bad news & wanna screw my diet

Options
Just got a 30day eviction notice and I don't wanna think about my diet anymore....
Too worried about where I'm going to live and how I'm going to get to work!

Replies

• bugtaylor
    bugtaylor Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    GOD WILL PROVIDE
  • happieharpie
    happieharpie Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    And eating a lot of the wrong stuff will make you feel better how? Push the food away and pull your resources toward you. Contact everyone you know and ask them to help you find a new place to live. Now you think of some more good ways to keep going. You're worth it!
  • iamihobo
    iamihobo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    GOD WILL PROVIDE

amen!!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    GOD WILL PROVIDE

Do you have any REAL advice or support?
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Eating junk will not make your situation better. Just like drinking won't. Sure, you'll feel good as you're consuming, but that feeling is very temporary. The best thing to do would be to reach out to family and friends and see if they can help you, even if it's just a couch to crash on for a bit.
  • Kittyvicious1
    Kittyvicious1 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I burned tons of calories packing, cleaning and moving on my last eviction. Take adventage of it.
  • Peachy1962
    Peachy1962 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Keeping you in prayers and when God closes one door he will open another that will be the right path for you!! xxx:flowerforyou:
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Just got a 30day eviction notice and I don't wanna think about my diet anymore....

If you live in the UK
    Contact CAB & Shelter they can help with eviction proceedings.
    If you are living in privately rental accomodation present at the local housing office & declare yourself as becoming homeless
    If you are currently in council accommodation they need to take you to court to ensure an eviction - you can contest this & come to a repayment arrangement.
    Have a look on here http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ In the topic forums they have loads of practical advice & template letters.
    Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Start calling family and friends or a shelter house to get on your feet.

Make a plan. Stick with it.

Eating junk now is a WASTE OF MONEY
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your troubles, but screwing your diet won't be very pleasant. I've done it before.

It's kind of like that super hot guy who I went to college with. He was super hot so all the girls made out with him and they all reported that kissing him was like making out with niagara falls but he was hot so girls kept kissing him and telling horror stories about it. I mean, screwing your diet would be like that. It looks fun, it looks great. But then, it's like... no.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    GOD WILL PROVIDE

Did you tell the starving kids all over the world this too?
  • beckaanne52
    Options
    This is not meant to be snarky so please don't take it that way. Think of the money you save eating healthier and less. Covience foods and fast food and junk food are really expensive, Sticking to your calories keeps you from eating to much and saves you money in the long run. I know healthier options at restaurants are more expensive but cooking for myself I have seen a reduction in groceries. <3
  • beckaanne52
    Options
    I'm sorry for your troubles, but screwing your diet won't be very pleasant. I've done it before.

It's kind of like that super hot guy who I went to college with. He was super hot so all the girls made out with him and they all reported that kissing him was like making out with niagara falls but he was hot so girls kept kissing him and telling horror stories about it. I mean, screwing your diet would be like that. It looks fun, it looks great. But then, it's like... no.

umm I love this :)
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    GOD WILL PROVIDE

Did you tell the starving kids all over the world this too?

QFT
  • Dimpleschick2
    Options
    Stay on your diet. I've had incredibly bad news over the past two weeks with 3 friends having terminal cancer and my best friend's son-in-law's untimely death with her daughter having their baby any time now. I haven't logged for 2 days but I have kept eating like I should.

Everything happens for a reason. Hang in there and stay focused on your needs. Who knows? A better apartment may be in your future. You are going to be all right.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Blowing your diet because you feel bad will only lead to feelings of guilt and feeling worse. IMHO, when times are tough, the best thing you can do is control what you have control over and not let a bad situation permeate other areas of your life.
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Things will get tough in life, eating bad wont make them better only make you feel worse.
    Explore your options, save every dime. Maybe family or friends can help?
  • thatjulesgirl
    thatjulesgirl Posts: 200 Member
    Options

I can totally empathise with you right now. Two weeks ago my beautiful dog (who is like my baby - am a complete dog fanatic), was diagnosed with cancer. There was literally one week between getting the diganosis and me having to put him down (just 5 days ago).

Needless to say, as soon as I ended up in the emergency vets for the second time and realised something really bad was happening, ANY inclination I had to count calories / be healthy etc went RIGHT out the window. The next morning I gorged on almost every item from McDonald's breakfast menu and proceeded over the next two weeks to shovel food in my mouth, apparently to stop all the pain and anxiety and grief from bubbling up. It's true for emotional eaters that food is usually our number one, irreplaceable, go-to source of comfort. Eating our favourite fatty / sugary whatevers produces huge levels of dopamine in our brain which makes coping with stress just a little easier.

It's up to you whether or not you fall off the wagon, so to speak. I did (with GUSTO), and gained 2kgs. Granted, I look back now and think "I shouldn't have done that, I could've figured out a different way of dealing with it" but at the time, there were no options for me. I couldn't think straight and I didn't have any available energy to dedicate to self-control.

At the end of the day... 2kgs isn't that much. I know I can lose that, I've already done it a dozen times over. The bigger issue is... if you're going to feel guilty and ashamed and angry at yourself or damage your self-esteem (which we all invariably do) if you start eating like crap as the first response to crisis, is THAT going to make it easier for you to solve your crisis... or is it just going to be another thing you have to deal with?

Come here. Use the support. Talk to people. Vent. And then call on your family and friends to help you with the practical side of getting through your situation. And whichever way you go... make it a conscious choice and don't feel guilty about it. We're thinking of you :flowerforyou:
  • ShannonS2714
    ShannonS2714 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Blowing your diet because you feel bad will only lead to feelings of guilt and feeling worse. IMHO, when times are tough, the best thing you can do is control what you have control over and not let a bad situation permeate other areas of your life.

This.

Good luck....it will all work out in the end.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options

This is sage advice. Best of luck to you!!!