Lost Interest.

I know I have lost interest just now so I thought if I had some time at maintenance then start again - perhaps refreshed. However MFP have still set my calories at 1200. Can someone explain please?

Replies

• Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,782 Member
    you will have to change your weight loss goal from "weight loss" to "maintenance".
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,383 Member
    Did you change your MFP goal to maintain weight?

You can also manually change it. You just need to figure out your approximate TDEE. I like this TDEE calculator: http://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/
  • MissyCHF
    MissyCHF Posts: 337 Member
    you will have to change your weight loss goal from "weight loss" to "maintenance".
    I have, that's why I'm confused.

• MissyCHF
    toxikon wrote: »
    Did you change your MFP goal to maintain weight?

You can also manually change it. You just need to figure out your approximate TDEE. I like this TDEE calculator: http://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/
    Thank you. :)

• MissyCHF
    edited February 2018
    My TDEE is 1307 0nly...

Thinking about it, I'll leave it at 1200 & just take care with extra calories putting me in the red zone.
  • toxikon
    MissyCHF wrote: »
    My TDEE is 1307 0nly...

What's your height, weight and general activity level? Are you sure you're not looking at BMR instead of TDEE?
  • MissyCHF
    No, the BMR was about 1230,ish. I'm 5ft 3ins, 156lbs, old and sit most of the day.
  • toxikon
    No, the BMR was about 1230,ish. I'm 5ft 3ins, 156lbs, old and sit most of the day.

When I put your stats into that calculator, I'm getting 1700 for your TDEE. :)
  • MissyCHF
    edited February 2018
    Perhaps it's because I'm 84 ? :( I will try again.
  • MissyCHF
    95kkt7gs36m8.png
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    So that puts your TDEE at 1500, not 1307.
  • MissyCHF
    Yes it does, now I can't remember if I clicked on the Female icon. Would that make a difference?
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Yes it does, now I can't remember if I clicked on the Female icon. Would that make a difference?

Yes it would - men generally have greater muscle mass so get more calories.
  • toxikon
    Perhaps it's because I'm 84 ? :( I will try again.

Ah you're right! I was putting in a much younger age and getting 1700. Now that I've put 84 in, it's coming up as 1350.

I'd say perhaps eat at 1350 for a couple weeks and monitor your weight - if you continue to lose weight, add 100 calories (and so forth, until you're comfortably maintaining). Good luck!
  • CraftBeerPanda
    CraftBeerPanda Posts: 3 Member
    Click "My Home", click "Goals", edit "Daily Nutrition Goals".
  • Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 325 Member
    Geez, at 84 do whatever you want! You deserve it! Unless you have serious health problems that will be ameliorated by losing weight, I would just enjoy your life!
  • MissyCHF
    Tblackdogs wrote: »
    Geez, at 84 do whatever you want! You deserve it! Unless you have serious health problems that will be ameliorated by losing weight, I would just enjoy your life!
    Bless your heart, :) I will enjoy it a little more with less pain from my arthritic hips & knees. My fault for letting the weight sneak on in the first place.

• macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    If you have access to a pool, you could see about doing some water aerobics or even just walking. The water takes some of the weight off your joints and could mean you could be a bit more active.

~Lyssa