Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

Lost Interest.

Options
I know I have lost interest just now so I thought if I had some time at maintenance then start again - perhaps refreshed. However MFP have still set my calories at 1200. Can someone explain please?

Replies

• Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    you will have to change your weight loss goal from "weight loss" to "maintenance".
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Did you change your MFP goal to maintain weight?

You can also manually change it. You just need to figure out your approximate TDEE. I like this TDEE calculator: http://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/
  • MissyCHF
    MissyCHF Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    you will have to change your weight loss goal from "weight loss" to "maintenance".
    I have, that's why I'm confused.

• MissyCHF
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »
    Did you change your MFP goal to maintain weight?

You can also manually change it. You just need to figure out your approximate TDEE. I like this TDEE calculator: http://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/
    Thank you. :)

• MissyCHF
    edited February 2018
    Options
    My TDEE is 1307 0nly...

Thinking about it, I'll leave it at 1200 & just take care with extra calories putting me in the red zone.
  • toxikon
    Options
    MissyCHF wrote: »
    My TDEE is 1307 0nly...

What's your height, weight and general activity level? Are you sure you're not looking at BMR instead of TDEE?
  • MissyCHF
    Options
    No, the BMR was about 1230,ish. I'm 5ft 3ins, 156lbs, old and sit most of the day.
  • toxikon
    Options
    No, the BMR was about 1230,ish. I'm 5ft 3ins, 156lbs, old and sit most of the day.

When I put your stats into that calculator, I'm getting 1700 for your TDEE. :)
  • MissyCHF
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Perhaps it's because I'm 84 ? :( I will try again.
  • MissyCHF
    Options
    95kkt7gs36m8.png
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    So that puts your TDEE at 1500, not 1307.
  • MissyCHF
    Options
    Yes it does, now I can't remember if I clicked on the Female icon. Would that make a difference?
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Yes it does, now I can't remember if I clicked on the Female icon. Would that make a difference?

Yes it would - men generally have greater muscle mass so get more calories.
  • toxikon
    Options
    Perhaps it's because I'm 84 ? :( I will try again.

Ah you're right! I was putting in a much younger age and getting 1700. Now that I've put 84 in, it's coming up as 1350.

I'd say perhaps eat at 1350 for a couple weeks and monitor your weight - if you continue to lose weight, add 100 calories (and so forth, until you're comfortably maintaining). Good luck!
  • CraftBeerPanda
    CraftBeerPanda Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Click "My Home", click "Goals", edit "Daily Nutrition Goals".
  • Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Geez, at 84 do whatever you want! You deserve it! Unless you have serious health problems that will be ameliorated by losing weight, I would just enjoy your life!
  • MissyCHF
    Options
    Tblackdogs wrote: »
    Geez, at 84 do whatever you want! You deserve it! Unless you have serious health problems that will be ameliorated by losing weight, I would just enjoy your life!
    Bless your heart, :) I will enjoy it a little more with less pain from my arthritic hips & knees. My fault for letting the weight sneak on in the first place.

• macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    If you have access to a pool, you could see about doing some water aerobics or even just walking. The water takes some of the weight off your joints and could mean you could be a bit more active.

~Lyssa