I can't seem to eat all of my calories...

Options
13»

Replies

• kelisuj3593
    kelisuj3593 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just to add to the great advice you've already gotten. It's very common when first starting to feel like you've got to go bananas with eating healthy and cut out the foods you love that you think are going to cause you to not lose weight. Although I applaud your commitment to improving the nutritional profile of your diet, don't go so crazy that you don't let yourself enjoy foods you love.

A really solid rule of thumb for long term success is to eat 80% healthy (and that in itself is a very debatable term) and 20% treats or things that maybe aren't so healthy. For you that would appear to be sweets. I'm the same way. I have sugary desserts, candy, etc every day. I'm down 35 lbs and maintaining successfully for several months now.

Stick with it and keep learning.
    Just to add to the great advice you've already gotten. It's very common when first starting to feel like you've got to go bananas with eating healthy and cut out the foods you love that you think are going to cause you to not lose weight. Although I applaud your commitment to improving the nutritional profile of your diet, don't go so crazy that you don't let yourself enjoy foods you love.

A really solid rule of thumb for long term success is to eat 80% healthy (and that in itself is a very debatable term) and 20% treats or things that maybe aren't so healthy. For you that would appear to be sweets. I'm the same way. I have sugary desserts, candy, etc every day. I'm down 35 lbs and maintaining successfully for several months now.

Stick with it and keep learning.

Thank you!!
  • lois1231
    lois1231 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I agree eyeballing doesn't work. I did it with creamer and found out I was adding almost a cup of creamer to my coffee (yikes). After that I bought a scale. 3 tablespoons of creamer isn't much.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    So many good answers here already so OP you know what to do now... get that scale :smile: and do come back to this thread in a few weeks time and update us.

All the Best.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    I like this picture to sum up perfectly why accurate logging and a food scale goes hand-in-hand

7oud9zsjbqw0.jpg
  • kelisuj3593
    kelisuj3593 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have to eat about 4000 and it’s not easy...

WOW!!! I don't know how you would do that and keep it healthy!
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I have to eat about 4000 and it’s not easy...

I want that kind of hard