Replies

• DeanaCal
    DeanaCal Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just need to ask, what is pancake day? LOL
  • Elle_Marie_Fit
    Elle_Marie_Fit Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My birthday is coming up too. Instead of eating all the things, I plan on getting Halo Top Birthday cake flavor and having one meal I enjoy. I am going to track every single thing I eat though because for me, that is key to not falling off the wagon. Even if I go over, I will track it. I hope you enjoy your day, regardless of what you eat, and that we remember this is the long game.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Screw that attitude! Enjoy your birthday. Otherwise, what's the point of all this?
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    DeanaCal wrote: »

Shrove Tuesday. Catholic holiday widely observed in the UK in the sense that people eat crepes. I'm a lapsed Catholic, something to do with unleavened bread.
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    The all or nothing attitude is what will eventually make you fail. Not a birthday or big family get together. Enjoy the day and either prep for it or go all out. either way the next day get back to your plan and goals and laugh in 2 weeks as all that worrying will be gone and you will see the proof on the scale that it literally did nothing to your progress.

or you know .. you could give up.
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    angelsja wrote: »
    I'm only on 1316 Cal's a day not much room for banking calories for another day :/

Can you get some excercise in, to earn more calories to eat.?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    This is why I always take a diet break the week of my birthday. I don't want to worry about sticking to my deficit that day. Not that I go overboard, but I prefer to have room to celebrate.

Once you enter maintenance, you're still going to have to deal with these days and decide what kind of strategy you want to use. For me, birthdays and holidays are few and far between. A handful of days aren't going to derail me...it's staying on track the remainder of the year that's the key.
  • Elle_Marie_Fit
    Elle_Marie_Fit Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    (I meant to add, please don't dread your birthday. Enjoy it! Celebrate life.)
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options

Shrove Tuesday. Catholic holiday widely observed in the UK in the sense that people eat crepes. I'm a lapsed Catholic, something to do with unleavened bread.

I think somewhere else they call if fat Tuesday. It's the day before Lent starts right? So feast before famine as it were.
  • ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    Options

I think somewhere else they call if fat Tuesday. It's the day before Lent starts right? So feast before famine as it were.

Mardi Gras, literally Fat Tuesday, the day before Ash Wednesday, which is the beginning of Lent. Christian fasting for Lent goes back many hundreds of years, and the idea behind Fat Tuesday celebrations was to eat up all the eggs, butter and other things that would go bad if not eaten promptly. Pancakes are a simple version, and it's expanded out to things like bread pudding, King Cake in Louisiana, and Paczki (jelly donuts) in Poland (and Michigan -- yaaay!).
  • katijjaa
    katijjaa Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You can always make a healthy version of English breakfast: e.g cook egg in little healthy fat, bake hash browns, and add healthy vegan smoked sausages. And get healthy takeaway later like sushi or dim sums or some middle eastern grills. HBD!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,682 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Woohoo! Cheers for you birthday! :drinker:

Have fun! Responsibly!