Starting a new journey

Options
I am starting a new journey, one that I have been wanting to do for a long time. Up until a few weeks ago, I have always had the desire to start on losing weight but didn't have the motivation. Working with diabetic patients and educating them on caring for themselves thru proper diet and exercise, I really got to thinking that what I tell patients to do...I'm not doing that myself. I want to be healthy to be around for my children as long as I can. Not only that, I want to be fit and get out of these fat clothes. I get frustrated at time and I constantly think " Can I do it?" but I also think of the end result and how I will feel when I am 40 lbs lighter. I want to be able to run again and even to do a sit up. It has been so long since I have been happy with my body and I want to get that again. With the help of my trainer, I hope to reach all my goals.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I’m rooting for you!
  • iraidapabon
    iraidapabon Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well you have a trainer so that definitely pushes you.... you got this, but you also have to want it and not give up because your tired or its getting hard... I just joined MFP and also on my journey to losing 40-45 pounds.. I became a mommy of 2 beautiful girls and kind of just forgot about me... I have been wanting to get on track with myself it seems like theres just always tomorrow... but good luck on your journey
  • lifestyle70
    lifestyle70 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your decision. Keep your reason for wanting to do this in front of you. Keep coming back to it. Think about your patients and some of the excuses they might give you based on the information/education you give them. If you catch yourself saying the same things to yourself, how will you respond? Like you said, will you follow your own advice? One day at a time and like you said, you are starting a journey - enjoy it!