Water

Options
So I used to drink about 5 litres a day for some reason especially on workout days and I would drink even when I wasby that thirsty. I've just been drinking water and loving it but I did some research and apparently this could be why I've hit a plateau as I'm drinking too much. So I've cut it too about 3 litres now. Is this still too much ?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    What did you read that caused you to conclude that drinking water will keep you from losing weight?
  • francisolorunfunmi
    Options
    What did you read that caused you to conclude that drinking water will keep you from losing weight?

I can't remember but the gist was excessive water consumption leads to it piling back in as water weight and bloating. The body is mostly composed of water so we often over state how much water we need.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options

I can't remember but the gist was excessive water consumption leads to it piling back in as water weight and bloating. The body is mostly composed of water so we often over state how much water we need.

Not how it works. Quite the opposite.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

I wouldn't trust this source, this isn't how the body responds to drinking water (unless you have a separate medical condition that you aren't sharing with us).

There is no benefit to drinking more water than you need, but when you drink more water than you need it just passes through your body.
  • francisolorunfunmi
    Options

I wouldn't trust this source, this isn't how the body responds to drinking water (unless you have a separate medical condition that you aren't sharing with us).

There is no benefit to drinking more water than you need, but when you drink more water than you need it just passes through your body.

Okay thanks. This has helped me anyway to be able to go longer without drinking though
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

As mentioned above, it's the opposite. The more water i drink, the more i pee and the less water retention i end up carrying around.
    On the days i drink little water i can feel it in my calves and ankles, as i get puffy and retain water.
  • puravida414
    puravida414 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    In addition to what has already been written, do keep in mind that if you are experiencing excessive thirst, which sounds like it may be an issue for you, then that is something to talk to a doctor about as it does have other ramifications for your health.