Desires

Options
This morning I woke up thinking about my reasons to look and feel better. What is it inviting me to go go go. Is it vanity, is it my rejection to get older. Am I trying to compete with my beautiful neighbor or motivate my old friend, is it to show him how blind he was, or I just to it to get out some fears and frustrations. I am not sure what is the gear that puts me on the track but I am discovering a new me, more powerful and energetic. What is your reason?

Replies

• fuzzy_l0gic
    fuzzy_l0gic Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Because being healthy is not really an option for me, all my goals are very vain. But whatever it takes to get me lifting, is all that matters to me. Now there will obviously be some healthy byproducts of working out and eating better, but as I said, "healthy" is just not in the cards for me.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,895 Member
    Options
    To be able to continue to cycle long distances and cycle up mountains. :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Being lazy is easy, and excuses are convenient. I'm a live and let live kind of person, so I have no problem with other people just chilling their lives away on the couch if that's what makes them happy. I, too, make excuses to avoid things that aren't a priority for me.

But that mindset when it comes to health and fitness is not rewarding to me personally. Health and fitness are top priorities in my life. It's more fun and fulfilling to set, pursue and achieve my goals. (I'm lazy in other ways...)

My primary motivations are looking and feeling fit, having energy, staying healthy as I age, and being able to do all the active stuff I like to do. I can't do ANY of those things from the couch.

The average person is pretty mediocre (by definition) and that's OK. But I want more for myself. I've only got one life - why not make the best of it rather than waste it? B)
  • Shellz31
    Shellz31 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I want to begin trying to conceive in the next year or two (before it's too late :# ) and minimize the risks as much as possible, which means getting to a healthy weight.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    My reasons were purely health related at first (my blood tests and blood pressure weren't very encouraging), but as I lost more and more beyond the point where my tests normalized I have realized I like ease of movement. I don't want it to go away. The physical change scares me, but having regained a bit lately I have noticed a marked difference in how I conduct my daily life. Being lighter makes everything easier and being heavier feels like moving through molasses. I've never considered this before because I was so used to the way I was, and I never noticed the improvement while I was losing weight because I was losing very slowly so the change was gradual. The fast regain has taught me a few lessons, and in a way I'm thankful it happened. I learned more about myself and more about what I like and want.
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    Better physical, mental, emotional health.

I hate the person I was and will not live like that anymore.
  • lifestyle70
    lifestyle70 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    To have the mental and physical energy to go out and live a great story because everything can change in the blink of an eye. I want to experience the world and one day be able to be chase my grandchildren around.
  • Garnica2018
    Garnica2018 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My reasons were purely health related at first (my blood tests and blood pressure weren't very encouraging), but as I lost more and more beyond the point where my tests normalized I have realized I like ease of movement. I don't want it to go away. The physical change scares me, but having regained a bit lately I have noticed a marked difference in how I conduct my daily life. Being lighter makes everything easier and being heavier feels like moving through molasses. I've never considered this before because I was so used to the way I was, and I never noticed the improvement while I was losing weight because I was losing very slowly so the change was gradual. The fast regain has taught me a few lessons, and in a way I'm thankful it happened. I learned more about myself and more about what I like and want.

Very inspiring to me.

• Garnica2018
    Options
    Better physical, mental, emotional health.

I hate the person I was and will not live like that anymore.

We share a feeling there. I don't want to come back to be the same person again.
  • Garnica2018
    edited February 2018
    Options
    To have the mental and physical energy to go out and live a great story because everything can change in the blink of an eye. I want to experience the world and one day be able to be chase my grandchildren around.

Exercise should be part of a lifestyle