Favorite Cereal

Options

Replies

• Jayombie
    Jayombie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Cereals, I read so many conflicting reports that cereal isn't good for you.

Specially cereal with gluten wheat as that's not digestible I have read.

So I got thinking would Corn Flakes be okay, as they are corn not wheat.

So that's what I am eating at the moment, with a glass of Alpro Soya Choc milk, and my god its nice *!*
  • doubglass
    doubglass Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    steel cut oats cooked in a rice cooker with cinnamon, topped with fresh berries and greek yogurt.
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I do not eat cereal, but I will have an occasional steel-cut oats (from the Farmer's co-op)
  • mtfr810
    mtfr810 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge cereal fan. I usually do a smoothie for breakfast. But I do love slow cooked oat meal with 2 tbs almond butter and some blueberries in it. Tasty!
  • mcgeorge5
    mcgeorge5 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    special K
  • Alwayssohungry
    Alwayssohungry Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I like anything by Kashi. Right now, I am working through a box of Berry Fruitful.

I really like the GoLean Crunch and GoLean crisp - not only are they good the "regular" way (in a bowl with milk), but I also like to occasionally add about 1/2 cup to 6 oz of plain yogurt for breakfast.

Edited to clarify

Love Kashi GoLean !
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Life or honey nut Cheerios
  • louisemh28
    Options
    My favourite is Kellogg's All-Bran with almond milk and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Closely followed by Scottish porridge oats made with almond milk and with a handful of berries.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Corn pops and frosted flakes. Sometimes I use whole milk, because I'm a rebel.
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I do not eat cereal, but I will have an occasional steel-cut oats (from the Farmer's co-op)

Oh.....and I love Weetabix!!!
  • clairedrose
    clairedrose Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I like. Kashi Go lean. Some of the others have too much sugar. With fruit and milk, it keeps me full longer. When weather is cooler, I like steel cut oatmeal. I add nuts. Love Cherrios but it doesn't keep me full.
  • CycleGuy9000
    Options
    Kashi Go-Lean!
  • Jcrowder2169
    Options
    Post select great grains banana walnut crunch. Low in fat and 5 grams of protein.
  • Avandel
    Avandel Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Nature's Path organic Flax Plus cereal. No GMO & only 4g sugar per serving. I add a couple of tsps of golden raisins & walnut pcs w/ Blue Diamond unsweetened Almond milk or Almond Coconut milk. yummmm!:heart:
  • Binkie1955
    Binkie1955 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    there are no healthy cereals. :laugh:
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I eat 2-3 servings of cereal most days. I like the combo of sweet and crunchy with the cold milk. I usually buy store brands. I like plain old wheat bran flakes with a bit of sugar, the generic of Special K Red Berries, and Lucky Charms.
  • twelker878
    twelker878 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    special k vanilla almond with unsweetened almond milk and fresh blueberries or Life cereal with raspberries, blueberries and skim milk.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I don't eat cold cereals. I do enjoy the warm ones once in awhile, mainly oatmeal and steel cut oats. I haven't had cream of wheat for awhile and now you made me crave that. I'll have to buy some this week.

Do you like yogurt or cottage cheese? I mostly eat that in the morning with cut up fruit and either almonds or walnuts.
  • JuantonBliss
    JuantonBliss Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I L-O-V-E-!!! to use fresh organic granola as cereal.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Talking about cereals, came across this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ews7yp2Hn2o

I'm guilty of what's mentioned in this documentary.. I am still somewhat attached to my childhood cereal.. i.e. koko krunch and coco pops..