Progress so far! A LONG way to go. Self-sabotage

Options
daloverlyme
daloverlyme Posts: 583 Member
edited February 2018 in Success Stories
I have lost 50 lbs SO FAR. I still have a way to go. Some days I feel very unmotivated, but still doing my best. The scale has been stuck the last two weeks. I'm looking for some motivation to continue. I am one of these people that self-sabotage. Every time I get down to this weigh, I gain again. I question if I'm really worth feeling better. Anyone else do this?

BEFORE
qb40xs3cqcrq.jpg

AFTER
frf4ansb9q4z.jpg
z9lshj782p84.jpg

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Don't self sabotage. You are doing so great!
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss so far! You're doing great!!
  • QueenBee2018
    QueenBee2018 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing-- I have lost 35 pounds, last time around it was 36 then quit and regained! I think I get lazy when I start to feel better and look "pretty good" This time I'm in for the long run. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • aleikita
    aleikita Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work
  • gracegettingittogether
    Options
    Yes, you are worth it! It's a lying voice that tells you that you aren't!
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Only YOU can decide if you are worth it. Why do you want to lose? Why do you want to NOT lose? Have you been to counseling?
  • JR188
    JR188 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Your progress is amazing. Don't just focus on the scale, how do you feel? Just remember that self-sabotage will take you back to where you were. You have obviously worked hard to get to where you are at & YOU ARE WORTH IT!
  • aliblain
    aliblain Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I definitely self sabotage. At the moment I’m trying to visualise how good it will feel to be slim for Christmas and not to feel embarrassed about photographs.
  • fmps5
    fmps5 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    50 lbs so far, so there is no question you know deep inside that you are worth it. No one loses 50 lbs who is not committed, determined, and "worth it"... We can all see you are a beautiful young lady in your pictures, my guess is that you are beautiful inside as well.

Some may disagree with me but why don't you celebrate the 50 lbs gone, instead of worrying about the ten or twenty more you think you need to lose. Stop pressuring yourself and look deep into the mirror, be proud of who you are and what you have accomplished.

If you can do that, you have already started on the next goal, being happy and feeling proud is the first step.

Also you want to consider adding some friends from here that will proved support and encouragement, it will do you wonders.

Good luck sunshine.....
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    You've lost 50lbs so far woohoo!! you're are doing great. Don't let a temporary stall on the scales mess with your head, keep up your momentum doing what you've been doing and keep up the great work :smile:
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    Let your child motivate you-I see a high chair in the photo. You want to be able to keep up as they grow. Perhaps add a 1/2 hour walk daily pushing the stroller...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!