Is Green Superfood Powder worth adding to your diet?

Options
chicknorrisray
chicknorrisray Posts: 6 Member
edited February 2018 in Food and Nutrition
Hi there,

I am curious about any information or opinions on Green Superfood powder and the nutrition value or value to digestion and such. Can it hurt or should I keep adding it to my green smoothies?

Also, please feel free to friend me. I have been posting a lot of the foods that I am eating now that I am focusing on whole foods and making my own meals vs fast food everyday.

Thanks!

Replies

• kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about the product by Amazing Grass? I'm looking at it now and I think it's a rip-off. You could get more nutrition at a cheaper price with fresh spinach or kale. Compare the amount of vitamin A, C, and K in one serving of that powder versus one cup of kale or spinach. And they're charging $20+ for that? Go with fresh leafy greens.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I make a smoothie for breakfast. After I created the recipe, I started adding a "superfood' powder to it. The macros of the powder I use are such that I keep using it. Even so, I notice a grittiness in my smoothie which I believe is due to that powder of dehydrated vegetables. I don't know your Green Superfood powder, but I do know that manufacturers of food use both "Green" and "Superfood" as marketing gimmicks. Evaluate the macros and the ingredients with a view toward your particular care-abouts.

In light of what kam26001 says, I'll also point out that my smoothie includes real kale, real hemp hearts, real kefir, real blackberries, a banana, and peanut powder. The powder and the creatine are later additions.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    It won't hurt anything, but it's probably cheaper and more effective to just more "real" fruits and veggies to the smoothie and the rest of your day.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/superfoods/?awt_l=BV.g9&awt_m=3gv.Upbtrx0ExV5

(NSFW language, in case you object to that sort of thing)
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    if its that amazing grass stuff its very very nasty and tastes like grass. nothing amazing about it. if you can gag it down then it may be for you.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/superfoods/?awt_l=BV.g9&awt_m=3gv.Upbtrx0ExV5

(NSFW language, in case you object to that sort of thing)

That's cool. :mrgreen: