This should be fun..

Options
Hey guys Drew here! I’m new to this whole thing here so bare with me. Little about myself, I actually used to be fit back in high school. I was on the swim team and wrestling team weighing 98 lbs. Had six pack abs, always worked out (never counted calories or anything “diet” related). Fast forward 6 years later, I now weigh 190. Believe it or not, what got me to start this journey was one of those blood pressure machines st the local grocery store. Me being 5’3 at 190 said that I was the O word. OBESE?!? Me?? Then it says I’m at risk for high blood pressure. My heart broke. I never really noticed much throughout the years until now. Now I realize I get out of breath from walking stairs. I’m lazy as all hell. I eat a lot of junk and I eat a lot more than I should be. Maybe anxiety, depression who knows. And to be honest I don’t care. I just want to get back to how I was. I was so energetic. So happy with my body and my abs. I want all that plus more. Not only for me but for my family. I am a new father to a beautiful baby boy and I want to be his best example. If anyone has advice to give please send it my way!

Replies

• Golferdrone
    Golferdrone Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You can do this. Rome was not built in a day. Spend a year dedicated and you can fix what took you 6 years to destroy
  • JustAnotherOneOfThoseGirls
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck on your journey! I just input your stats to a BMI calculator, and at 5'3 I hope you're not aiming for 98 lbs again, a healthy range for you is 105-142 lbs (however keep in mind that if you're putting on muscle mass, you can be above a healthy BMI and still have a healthy BF% - BMI is just a rough guideline). Maybe just focus on getting fit again and let the weight change happen as a side effect? Or make some slow and simple lifestyle changes (say cutting 4 takeaways a week down to 2, always taking the stairs instead of an elevator etc.) and build from there. A lot of people struggle to keep with it if they try and to a hundred things at once