Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Fitbits -Which one?!

Hi everyone!

I've yet to buy myself a Fitbit as each time I think about it I get confused which one to go for.
I used to use a Polar with chest strap previously and I'm not the most technology minded!

What I want it for
- Track my steps
- Track my Heart Rate
- Track my sleep
- Calories burnt

Apart from that I think anything else more complicated might confuse me! I'd like one that is as accurate as possible. I know they all can't be completely accurate but I imagine some are more than others...

So my question to you all is, what do you have and what would you recommend I buy?!

Thanks

Lisa

Replies

• dhaywood4356
    dhaywood4356 Posts: 1 Member
    I have a Charge 2 and I love it. It track all that and doubles as a watch as well. You can also track a lot more if you want. I paired my with the aria scale and it even tracks weight and BMI and BF. It is a bit bigger then some of them out there.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    I have charge2, it does all the things you're looking for. I don't use mine for calorie count and adjustments, and stopped wearing it daily because i believe it overestimates my steps. But even if it doesn't, i have a good idea by now what my average count is. I wear it to workout and to sleep. My sleep is pretty problematic, so it makes me more aware and i take steps to improve the amount and quality of it. And heart rate is something that I keep an eye on. Overal, I'm happy with it.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    I have the Alta, no heart rate. Had a Charge 2 and didn't like it because heart rate inflates the calories too much for me beyond the point where I can tweak it without getting rediculous. It's sleek and simple. To be fair I liked the One best because it was a wear and forget kind of gadget (had it on my bra), but I wanted something that doubled as a watch and the movement reminders are helpful. I also use the alarm function occasionally.
  • annziexo
    annziexo Posts: 90 Member
    I have the Alta HR and it is perfect for tracking steps, sleep and calories used within the day. I used to have the fitbit Blaze which was also so awesome but extremely uncomfortable for my wrist as it was bulky.

I rate both fitbit Blaze and fitbit alta HR 100% Just make sure you get one that is comfortable for yourself as I found bulky watches are no good for me and I need a thin one where as some people are the opposite to me and prefer bulkier watches.
  • LisaJayne71
    LisaJayne71 Posts: 197 Member
    Thanks everyone! I'll do some research on what you've all suggested!! Thank you again!!
  • bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    I had the fitbit one for years and loved it but wanted the HR monitor so got the Charge 2. Perfect for me!
  • malcolmjcooper
    malcolmjcooper Posts: 79 Member
    None they are rubbish buy a garmin haha *runs and hides*
  • teranga79
    teranga79 Posts: 202 Member
    I have the alta HR and love it. Tracks all the things you've listed but isn't massive.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    I've found my charge 2 to be extremely accurate for me. Waiting for my replacement to come in now since it froze on me. Been wearing the blaze for the time being and found it to be very accurate as well but it has way more features than I need.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Alta HR for the reasons listed previous...plus the design is really sleek & minimalist (for this reason alone, I ditched my surge); also battery life is 1 week (huge advantage over "flashier" models rather than some weird 5 day lifespan). It doesn't have a huge watch face, just tracks the basics steps, kcals, time, sleep, resting HR, current HR, distance. =About the size of a Lance Armstrong bracelet dealy
  • SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member
    I have the Alta HR and hate it. I can’t get it to acturately track my steps (even changing step stride) and I sweat a lot when I work out and it stops monitoring my heart rate at times when I feel like I’m at peak pace. I guess I was hoping for more when I got it. I wish I would have gotten an Apple Watch instead.
  • LisaJayne71
    LisaJayne71 Posts: 197 Member
    Rx_Keto wrote: »
    Alta HR for the reasons listed previous...plus the design is really sleek & minimalist (for this reason alone, I ditched my surge); also battery life is 1 week (huge advantage over "flashier" models rather than some weird 5 day lifespan). It doesn't have a huge watch face, just tracks the basics steps, kcals, time, sleep, resting HR, current HR, distance. =About the size of a Lance Armstrong bracelet dealy

I think this is the one I will go with as I want something that looks like a bracelet!! I was just looking at this one online!