Looking For Desk Jockie Friends

Options
Looking for friends who sit at the desk all day. Would love to build a friendlist who can motivate each other and come up with different daily fitness challenges while at work. Add me or I will add you.

Replies

• fuzzy_l0gic
    fuzzy_l0gic Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Definitely at a desk for most of my working. Added
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Me too...
  • YogiJear
    YogiJear Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    If any of you DJ's work from home, I can't recommend a treadmill desk enough, it is the best investment you'll ever make.
  • TayaCurragh
    TayaCurragh Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I'm also at a desk all day. I try to walk to the office most days but it's hard especially in winter when I can easily drive or get a lift instead! I am keeping my diary private for now but feel free to add
  • MelC2564
    MelC2564 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I am about to move from a very active hospitality job back into a sedentary office job so would love to get in on this and be proactive about it! Feel free to add, yall
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Desk bound here as well .... I cycle to work, go to the toilet 3 floors up and try to walk at lunchtimes .. but other than that my fingers get all the exercise
  • Turn_2
    Turn_2 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My desk jockie challenge for the day is 250 steps according to fitbit per hour and a 30 second plank every hour. What is your challenge?
  • johndoe852
    johndoe852 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Desk jockey here. Use to walk up and down steps in the office but... Now work from home and keep takings steps in and out of the kitchen. I have put on about 20-25 pounds in 5-6 months.
  • CaitG0902
    CaitG0902 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    At my desk at home. Just recently started getting out of the house to go to the gym. I've lost count on how many times I've stopped and started gym routines :/ Here's to hoping I can stick with this one. Anyone can add me :#
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I'm a project manager at an IT shop and am chained to my desk most of the day. I'll add you :)
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I am desk bound at work, I set myself different monthly challenges to keep myself active.

Past ones have been:
    • Minimising sofa time in the evening to 60 or 90 minutes - so that if I want to watch TV longer I need to do something other than sit, such as watching it while I meal prep or iron, etc.
    • Setting myself an average step count goal for the week.
    • Doing 15 squats every time I go into the bathroom (I drink a lot of water so that's a lot of squats lol)
    • Doing 3 runs/hikes per week
    • Getting up from my desk once per hour.

I track them in a journal and post them on my newsfeed/instagram account.

This is my current one:

120g of protein? Is that per day? I'm lucky if I can make it to 75g per day.... But I follow a plant based diet, so there's that
  • Turn_2
    Turn_2 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Still trying to build my friend list with fellow desk jockies. So far we are bouncing great ideas back and forth on how to stay fit behind the desk. Its lots of fun. Add me!
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I'll be here at my desk Mon-Fri from 8-5 if anyone wants to add me :)
  • pamfin
    pamfin Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.

I'm at my desk the majority of the day. I used to be on the second floor but now I'm based on the ground floor so my staircase count has dropped right down. I'm pacing at the printer to get extra steps in.
  • jenngar81
    jenngar81 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Fellow desk jockey here. Feel free to add me too!
  • rayzerwolf
    rayzerwolf Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    That would be me as well, luckily I have to go down a flight of stairs to get water, coffee, fridge, go to the bathroom. I drink a lot of water, I also walk around while I wait for water to boil for my tea.
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    10 hours a day,good thing I get an hour lunch
  • brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Desk Jockey here too, sigh. The only stairs in the building that I am accustomed to use for break exercise, recently smell like a great combination of stale smoke and sewer backup...

So ... stand/sit workstation, will make sure I stand this afternoon, will walk to see co-workers instead of using IM/email whenever I can, and did 5 minutes of planks on lunch hour ...