MapMy... Apps Only Synching Calories?

Options
Hey all,

I just found the MapMy... apps in the app store and thought I'd give it a try. I got the MapMyWalk app and synched it with MFP.

After I went on a walk, the app synched the calories burned and added them to my exercise calories which is great. But is it also possible to synch the actual workout and post a status update through the app? That would be great for accountability reasons.

Replies

• Bluepegasus
    Bluepegasus Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    It used to do that, but it's not done that for a long time now. I use map my run, and although the exercise calories sync like you say, it used to post my run to my newsfeed, but doesn't do it anymore, no idea why.
  • iamunicoon
    iamunicoon Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    That is unfortunate. But at least I know now that it isn't just me and some settings I've missed.
  • intrepidDAC
    intrepidDAC Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have been able to set up mine so that it provides a status update. In the set up, did you click the box for auto-calculate? If you reconnect without clicking that box, you should have status updates. All the best in you journey.
  • Roobyzooby
    Roobyzooby Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Been using map my walk for almost 12 months, never had any issues. Always posts an update on to my news feed. It was an eye opener to me as I walk much fastet than I knew! Make sure though to keep updateing your changing weight in the profile section of MMW as weight updates on MFP arn't synced with the walk app for some reason.
  • iamunicoon
    iamunicoon Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    @intrepidDAC Hmm, I'm not sure. I don't think it asked me for that, only let me connect to MFP. Do you know where in the settings I can find that? I just checked and saw nothing.

Oh, maybe I should mention I'm on iOS, since I don't know if there's a difference between that and Android.

@Roobyzooby Thanks for the heads up! It seems to work the other way round. Since MMW doesn't seem to know decimals, MFP is showing me a 0.1kg loss after I synched them.