recovering bulimics

Options
Hi all been diagnosed with Bulimia for just over a year ( have had it for over 15 years) half way into CBT recovery and finding it really hard. I'v managed not to weight myself 2/3 times a day only once a week with therapist, reduced laxative abuse drastically binge purged also reduced, but still find it really hard to eat proper food without guilt (meal replacement bar are my safest option) for example just had some home made veg soup and feel crap for eating it have such a urge to purge and binge.
My question is to all who have fully recovered how did you over come these issues
thanks for reading and replying

Replies

• hyIianprincess
    hyIianprincess Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'm 2 years into my recovery (anorexia b/p subtype). First, congrats on all your progress so far! Honestly what worked for me was just giving it time. I worked closely with a therapist and dietician. Did some group as well. To this day I still might have disorded thoughts, but CBT logs have helped a lot. I also highly recommend reading The Gifts of Imperfections by Brene Brown (she has a ton of great books! Check her out)
    Also, some people really benefit from taking a walk, calling a friend, doing art, etc when they start having disorded thoughts. Maybe that might help?
  • George8383
    George8383 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your reply will look into the book