Someone give me a good week dinner plan

Options
Someone please give me a good week dinner plan for two too drop weight

Replies

• StevefromMichigan
    StevefromMichigan Posts: 462 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hi, I am not the greatest cook, but I will suggest a couple of things you can use to base meals around:

Jennie O extra lean turkey breast tenderloin
    Tyson trimmed and ready boneless skinless chicken breast, right size portion
    Salmon (preferably wild, not farmed)
    Extra lean 96/4 beef
    Tuna fish
    Baked potato
    Sweet potato

I like to barbecue, so most of the time I am just grilling these up, but I am sure with a little creativity you could produce some good dishes. Just have to be careful about what you add with them. Butter, certain oils, alfredo sauce, etc. can increase the calorie content very quickly, which is why I prefer to BBQ.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    My meal planning may be too many calories for you and you might really hate what I eat everyday. So this won't work very well. it boils down to 'eat what you have been eating already just eat less of it'

As far as your meals go, I learned to cook (better), use recipes all the time. Find you a recipe(s) you like, you can alter it to add more veggies, more protein etc. Cooking and meal prep should be catered to your tastes, textures and specific flavors you enjoy in your food. You want to learn to eat now just like you will when you move to maintenance, following cookie cutter dieting strategies won't work out very well unless you plan to eat that way for life.
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I eat ground turkey almost every night. Over a giant bed of lettuce with onions, mushrooms and hot sauce. Or hot dog salad. Sounds appealing right?

Ok, I gotta ask, what is hot dog salad?

• Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I eat ground turkey almost every night. Over a giant bed of lettuce with onions, mushrooms and hot sauce. Or hot dog salad. Sounds appealing right?

It is chicken hot dogs over a bag of lettuce/greens with laughing cow cheese, jalapenos, sugar free ketchup. Everyone tries to tell me it's gross but I'm trying to get it to catch on.

I was with you until the jalapenos. Gross :P
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    fastfoodietofitcutie Posts: 523 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

I was on board until the ketchup!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I can do it but I charge.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options

It is chicken hot dogs over a bag of lettuce/greens with laughing cow cheese, jalapenos, sugar free ketchup. Everyone tries to tell me it's gross but I'm trying to get it to catch on.

I love ketchup. Does it really go good with the laughing cow cheese? Asking for a friend. :wink: :tongue:
  • StevefromMichigan
    Options

I hope you are just kidding :) I would be reaching for the Pepcid AC after eating that!
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    If i ate what someone else told me, even for an entire week it would be enough for me to quit. Eat what you want and like in the proper caloric portions for your goals.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    kazgorat1 wrote: »

I hope you are just kidding :) I would be reaching for the Pepcid AC after eating that!

why the kitten would I be kidding?
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

I love ketchup. Does it really go good with the laughing cow cheese? Asking for a friend. :wink: :tongue:

Yes, it's fine. I am a ketchup monster as well. Hence the sugar free.
  • StevefromMichigan
    Options
    kazgorat1 wrote: »

why the kitten would I be kidding?

Never heard of laughing cow cheese...thought maybe you were pulling our leg :)