Pancake day !

Options

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    YUM!, I did strawberry ones on the weekend! SO GOOD!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Shrove is a great kind of dog food I like to know if that makes you feel better

A baby goat is like a mushroom, I swear if you kill that duck I'm scared of toasters.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I'm making lemon ricotta pancakes with lemon curd, whipped cream and blueberries.

What time tomorrow? I don't want to be late. Your pancakes sound delish. Yum. :)
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I'm making lemon ricotta pancakes with lemon curd, whipped cream and blueberries.

Oh my, that sounds so good. I'll probably go with this one because my kid loves them:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/71708/pumpkin-pancakes-with-nutmeg-whipped-cream/
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    _barefoot_ wrote: »
    I love blueberry , powder sugar , warm syrup !

mxphiknwxmdj.jpeg

I came to visit food pics of pancakes. Warm syrup, nom nom nom.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    How come frozen waffle doesn't get a day. We will be heard, dammit.
  • teacherspet1
    teacherspet1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Roobyzooby wrote: »
    It's NOT pancake day!!! It's Shrove Tuesday, a religious day either make them and enjoy them or don't bother...ash wednesday the day after!

Do people not traditionally make pancakes on shrove Tuesday?

Shrove Tuesday or pancake day comes from the religious calendar, it's the day when you are supposed to clean out your cupboards of tempting foods in order to give them up for lent
    For Christians, Shrove Tuesday marks the last day before Lent, traditionally a period of abstinence, associated with clearing your cupboards of goods such as sugar, fats and eggs. Traditionally, pancakes were eaten on this day to use up these foods before the 40-day fasting season of Lent began. Some believe the four ingredients used in pancakes may actually represent the four pillars of the Christian faith - flour as ‘the staff of life’, eggs as ‘creation’, milk as ‘purity’ and salt as ‘wholesomeness’.

Although the day is important in Christian tradition, Pancake Day is widely celebrated by those outside of the faith.

Me, I just like pancakes done very thinly like crepes with oranges squeezed over and sprinkled with sugar......reminds me of when I was young and my mum used to keep em coming till we were fit to burst!!
  • YosemiteSlamAK
    YosemiteSlamAK Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    kam26001 wrote: »
    How come frozen waffle doesn't get a day. We will be heard, dammit.
    Waffle Day is March 25th in Sweden! August 24th in US (day of the US patent on a waffle iron)

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I've just pre logged tomorrow's pancakes... 900 calories of deliciousness!!!! :bigsmile:
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    wow what a great thing to celebrate..pancakes....im in.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I have no time for pancakes on a weekday...I will postpone until Saturday.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I detest pancakes. It’s basically just a lot of bread with maple syrup poured on top.

BLASPHEMY
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    I detest pancakes. It’s basically just a lot of bread with maple syrup poured on top.

You're making them wrong if they're 'bread'
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    q9enfzrhz481.jpg

Dinner!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    q9enfzrhz481.jpg

Dinner!

Your pancakes look so different than mine - I make huge, fluffy ones

Well, it's crepes really. No baking powder in those, they're supposed to be flat. Had one with ham and swiss and another with nutella. Yum.
  • TavistockToad
    Options