TTC Safe exercise and calorie intake

Options
My husband and I have been TTC for 2 1/2 months now, and I think I maybe pregnant but not really sure yet. I have all the signs but they are the same signs of PMS. Anyway short story long. I know I worry way too much but our first child was born with CHD even though I had a healthy pregnancy. I just don't want to lose it if I am pregnant nor do I want to do something to harm it.

Is it safe for me to be jumping around while I'm doing my cardio?

And sit ups are those okay also?

Replies

• Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    I have a friend who is a personal trainer/fitness instructor and she taught fairly intense classes up until a few days or a week (can't remember for sure) until she gave birth. So, in general I think it's safe. If you are concerned, it probably wouldn't hurt to wait and get a dr.'s advice, though! Good luck!!
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Sit ups- not ok

Buy a pregnancy workout DVD, I like Erin o'brian, and that will be your strength workout. Talk to your ob first though.

Next- you can use do cardio, but keep your hrpm below 150.this means, you will have to exercise longer for the same results you get now. Drink at least 3 liters of water day when exercising!

Also, it is perfectly safe for someone overweight to maintain their weight throughout pregnancy, but allow yourself to go up 10-20 lb in the last 4 months anyway and don't stress.
  • jrlenig
    jrlenig Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    The answers ti both are yessss. I would really suggest babyfit.com to you, they are experts and can keep you on a healthy path once you do conceive. I worked out while I was preggo with my son my whole pregancy, my dr says they just don't want women starting hardcore intense workouts after they are pregnant but if you have already been working out it is safe. BTW I lost 30) pounds while pregnant with my son by eating healthy and working out ( I was 236 at the beginning, and 206 the morning before he was born). I ate healthy and kept up my workouts, which went from running 5 miles a day to walking, I wasn't comfy running I had serious balance issues, but I do know women who run their whole pregnancies. Good luck and I am crossing my fingers for you!
  • jrlenig
    jrlenig Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    And yes you can do sit up check pregnancy.org, for more questions.
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    In general, I think situps after first trimester aren't usually encouraged, cardio is fine--especially low impact,just don't overdo it and it's not a good time to start something new and hard. I'd check with your OB/GYN or doctor who knows more about your specific circumstances though--everyone is different.
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I would like to point out that I used baby fit and found it very inaccurate and gained 70 lb using their guidelines. I would listen to your ob and continue to use this site instead. Just eat all your exercise and reduce your calorie defecit.