eating fast

Options
I have always been a fast eater tonight my wife made a wonderful Sunday meal I portioned my meal and did something i have never done before ate slow my wife was happy i did this she says i never taste my food.

My question is this Does eating slow help you too feel more fuller ?
My mind always tellsme too eat more that is why logging is important for me.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I don't care, or at least I don't want to care, about how full I am after a meal. I have tracked calories for long enough to know how large an apppropriate portion is, I can quite easily stick to that, and I weigh myself daily so I know I'm eating enough, but not too much. I too want to eat more than I need, but I am never bothered by hunger; feeling fuller isn't something I'd like to spend any effort on. I need at least half an hour after a meal before I sense that complete fullness, and I don't want to eat that slowly.
  • javba2
    javba2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Eating faster is supposed to bypass the full signal coming from your gut to your mind. Eating slower seems to enhance that. Eating slower is also considered mindful, you're enjoying and feeling your food better.

This is in keeping with the understanding of what a binge means, eating a lot of food in a small amount of time and not enjoying it, just getting it in.

Counting calories helps, because then you know how much exactly do you need. However if you eat that slowly you would feel more satisfied.