Stay at home/Work at home Moms

Options
Looking for other SAHM/WAHM for support on this journey. I'm a 32 year old mom of two, 8 and 4. I recently lost 60lbs on MFP but fell off the wagon. I have a lot more to go. I'm not giving up! I'd love some new friends. :) Motivation and support really help on this journey.

Replies

• wi1234567890
    wi1234567890 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi. I work from home. I’m 43 and have 2 kids. I am working to lose around 20 pounds. So far in addition to tracking calories I am working on limiting coffee to just 1 cup in the morning. That should automatically eliminate a lot of calories from creamer and sugar. I also plant to stop all of my mindless snacking after dinner.
    Let’s support each other.
  • rover_gem87
    rover_gem87 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi. I’m a SAHM, I’ve got a 2 year old (October 2015) and a 7 week old (born on Xmas day 2017). I have A LOT to lose, like 7stone! I’m in the UK x
  • maria00200
    maria00200 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m a housewife and looking to lose 50 lbs.
  • troelsandtheis
    troelsandtheis Posts: 45 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hi. I’m freelance so I work from home once my toddler goes to sleep (I’m a single mum so I only get a break to do anything then). I’m also studying an MA part time. Daytimes I’m home all day or at playgroups etc. Clingy toddler means it’s very difficult to cook half the time as she just wants cuddles so finding it’s a case of cooking dinner at strange times throughout the day, preparing breakfast the night before and at lunch I mostly have soup I’ve bought already made.

I have an open food diary if you want to add me, I'm always looking for new friends.
  • emjustem87
    emjustem87 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hey! I’m a weekday SAHM and work weekends. Just turned 30 and have a wild 4 year old son.
    Definitely looking for accountability and support as I’m tired of the weight rollercoaster..!! I want it gone and I want a lifestyle that’ll keep it gone..! I have 30 pounds to lose “realistically”, but I’d be ok losing 40-50 pounds ultimately.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM. I have 2 boys (3 yrs and 6 yes).

I was 260 lbs at my heaviest in 2012. I made it to about 172 in 2013 before I became pregnant with my second. By early 2016 I was down to a trend Weight of 120 lbs.

Slipped up a bit between spring 2016 and summer 2017. Gained 10-11 lbs in that time. Summer 2017, I had to have surgery to remove Mirena. I had a little workout hiatus after that. Then tried Trinessa BCPs last fall and we didn't get along. It made me feel hungry all the time and I ended up gaining 12.8 lbs in 3 months. I tried controlling my calories while on it, but the feeling of hunger would always win.

Jan 8th I finally made the decision to buckle down to get the fat I gained back off. Since then I have lost 5.5" off my body (1.75" off my waist and 1.5" off my abdomen @ belly button) and my skulpt scanner is showing a 5.4% drop in body fat. Scale is crawling, but I think a lot of that is water retention. I've been doing Jillian Michaels DVD's and Fitbit Coach. I am planning to tryout the 21 Day Fix workouts starting today.
  • SylviazSpirit
    SylviazSpirit Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all your replies. I'm so excited to get to know you all better. I've sent friend requests. Let's support each other.
  • chiefod
    chiefod Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Stay at home mom of two teens- looking to lose 50-
    Looking for some friends too- restarted today-
  • mrsdyanthomas
    mrsdyanthomas Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m a SAHM with 8 Kids. 5 full time and twin 3 year olds that are home with me all day. My challenge is after the twins are in bed I finally feel like I can relax and indulge in sweets to offset the stresses of life and help keep me awake because I’m so tired. The night time snacking is ruining the great progress I make during the day, to the point where it sabotages my weight loss and discourages me from even doing well during the day. I’m finding weight loss to be a lot harder in my mid-thirties than when I was younger. I get a couple days of great performance under my belt but then the scale doesn’t give me a high five like it would previously so I get discouraged and eat what I shouldn’t. I sulk for a couple days and start over. It’s a viscous five day cycle. I feel if I could just get a five pound weight loss the momentum and success of that would propel me to soldier on.
  • bsuglem
    bsuglem Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I work from home also. I would love some more friends on here to help motivate me and keep me going on this weight loss journey. I have about 50lbs to go, so I will be here a while, lol. Feel free to add me. :)
  • kellyw4444
    kellyw4444 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I work from home and have three kids - one teenager at home and the other two are off at university. I have 30 pounds to lose and would love to have more friends on here.
  • leaderofthezoo
    leaderofthezoo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me!!!! Staying at home has been really hard on me. We couldn't afford childcare so I'm now home until my hubby journeys out as a pipefitter. He loves having me home but I've gained weight and don't do as much. I'd love more people to help motivate me and stay on track!
  • LaVonda86
    LaVonda86 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm a SAHM with three kids (9,4,3). I'm really focused on losing weight now that I realize I'm stronger than what I think. Been in a size 12 since my having my 3 year old and it's beyond time to get unstuck.
  • lornam11
    lornam11 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I’m a SAHM too