New member to the community

Hi all! New member to the community, not to to the app. I had my second daughter on July 21st and started working out about 4 months after she was born. I had some major set back but about 3 weeks ago I have got myself back on track. I've lost about 20lbs since the end of December. I'm in my last 3lbs of losing weight, but, I'm having some issues with putting on muscle. Let's says I am "skinny fat" now. Looking for words of wisdom and direction, and of course looking to meet some awesome new people that are trying to better themselves ♥️♥️

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,104 Member
    Hi all! New member to the community, not to to the app. I had my second daughter on July 21st and started working out about 4 months after she was born. I had some major set back but about 3 weeks ago I have got myself back on track. I've lost about 20lbs since the end of December. I'm in my last 3lbs of losing weight, but, I'm having some issues with putting on muscle. Let's says I am "skinny fat" now. Looking for words of wisdom and direction, and of course looking to meet some awesome new people that are trying to better themselves ♥️♥️

If you're losing weight (in a calorie deficit) then you won't be gaining muscle, that generally requires a calorie surplus. What you can do whilst in a deficit is maintain the muscle you have by ensuring you are getting adequate protein in your diet and that you're doing some form of strength training.

As you're pretty close to your goal weight, perhaps consider re-comping.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1