WEIGHT LOSS Frequently Asked Questions: Infographic Answers

tinkerbellang83
tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
edited November 2021 in Getting Started
So rather than overwhelm people with walls of text, I've been slowly gathering a couple of infographics either that I've made myself or that are posted regularly on the boards that might make it easier for noobs to see how things work. I'll start with a couple and add more over time. If anyone else has any good ones please feel free to share in the same format.

It's also handy for those of us who post regularly to find them all in one place to copy and paste them again.

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    MaybeLed wrote: »
    The first dozen or so times I tried to lose weight I gave up after 2 weeks, just because I didn't know about the fluctuations...

I was guilty of exactly the same thing before I found the forums and started weighing daily!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Bump
  • Tesha231
    Tesha231 Posts: 381 Member
    Thanks for posting this! Very helpful!
  • beingalteration
    beingalteration Posts: 4 Member
    I just saved the PB pic! I'm guilty of just guessing what everything is. Getting ready to order a bunch of random tablespoons to fix this problem.
  • beingalteration
    beingalteration Posts: 4 Member
    o_O Did not know that, thanks for the advice!
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    These are great. Happy to see people are starting to see through the BS. The starvation mode one had me dying.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,992 Member
    edited February 2018
    Love them all! Especially the starvation mode :)

ETA: this should be a sticky
  • crippcrunch
    crippcrunch Posts: 16 Member
    I wonder how you can log foods with scale. Most nutrition facts are done in metric system, but not all.
  • tinkerbellang83
    I wonder how you can log foods with scale. Most nutrition facts are done in metric system, but not all.

@crippcrunch
    Almost all packaged food has nutrition facts by weight on the packaging, fresh produce nutrition info is available on the USDA database, if it's not in the MFP database you add it yourself. There's a very good post on this in the Most Helpful posts on either Getting Started or General Health board, can't remember which.