Maintaining your weight loss during illness/injury

Options
2»

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    You'll find if you are less active then you will be satisfied on less calories because your body needs less fuel. It'll be a mind over matter kind of game though especially if you've been used to more. Choose low cal, filling foods so you don't feel deprived.
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I overtrained about 10 years ago, running 90 miles a week and eating probably less than 1800 calories a day. I ended up laid up for close to year. Since then, I really have to listen to my body and that is so hard for me to do because I am type A. I have been working out 4 days a week with 40 min of cardio and 20 min of strength training and the other three days I do 45 min of light walking. Well just last week I woke up and felt like I got hit by a truck. So tired and moody. The past week I have had to take a 45 min nap every afternoon just to get through my day. I have taken the past week off of exercise and will probably have to take several more. I, like you, can usually feel things starting to go bad, but not this time. I eat around 2,400 calories a day (5'7 and 133) and I am trying to keep eating as much to recover. I know that when I overdo things that lowering my calories just makes me feel worse when trying to recover.