Opinions please! Step counter

Female
20 years old
137 pounds, 5'4
So, I'm a pre school teacher, i get lots of steps during the day because the kids constantly have me on my feet, lol. I also use the Samsung step counter on my phone. Can I count the calories it says I burned on here? Does anyone else count that as their exercise?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Female
    20 years old
    137 pounds, 5'4
    So, I'm a pre school teacher, i get lots of steps during the day because the kids constantly have me on my feet, lol. I also use the Samsung step counter on my phone. Can I count the calories it says I burned on here? Does anyone else count that as their exercise?

It should be accounted for in your activity level...counting them again as exercise would be double counting.

ie, if you're up on your feet all day and getting in a bunch of steps you would select active (or whatever descriptor best describes what you do) and you would get a higher calorie target to account for that activity.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    If you want to count the extra steps set your activity level to sedentary...then you can count that.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,104 Member
    If you have S Health synced to MFP then it will adjust the difference between what your activity level is set to and the actual steps you get and give you an adjustment between the 2.

What is your activity level currently set at?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    It depends on what activity level you're set at, if you've already changed your settings here to active then no you wouldn't count those steps.