No more Cheat meals for me! I gained 6 pounds in one day

Options
I am utterly flabbergasted! Sunday I had a cheat meal. I cooked a nice pot of chicken rice for dinner and ate a McMuffin from McDonalds for breakfast and ate two lean turkey sandwiches on wheat bread for lunch. I also had a few helpings of the Chicken and Rice because it was so good.
I stepped on the scale this morning and I was 320 pounds!
That morning I was 314! I GAINED AN ENTIRE 6 POUNDS IN ONE DAY!
I will only have a cheat meal when I reach a goal weight. I am so close to 295. I need to be well out of the 300-pound zone

Replies

• Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Pretty much everything @diannethegeek said. I highly doubt you gained 6 pounds of fat in 1 day, in order to do that you would have had to have eaten 21,000 calories OVER maintenance. It is mostly water weight with maybe a bit of fat gain. To help put things in perspective, last Sunday was superbowl Sunday here in the US (not sure where you are from and wanted to clarify) and I went to a super bowl party with my husband, I weighed 140 the night before and when I stepped on the scale that night I shot up to 146, but after getting back on track it was gone within 5 days. Is it annoying? Yes. But it will go away.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Do the math...you didn't gain 6 Lbs of fat over night because unpossible. You didn't even gain a Lb of fat...you gained some water weight.
  • TeachergirlCeleste
    Options
    It takes forever to go down. I am ready to get out of being over 300 pounds
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    It takes forever to go down. I am ready to get out of being over 300 pounds

Stress can cause water retention. Maybe stop freaking out every time the scale moves.

You ate a whole lot of carbs (bread, rice), and a whole lot of sodium. Of course you're going to hold more water...
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I understand the impact that the scales can have on your happiness. It's definitely happened to me. Lots. But you really should listen to what the other posters here are saying. Try to think of success as having logged your calories and stayed just under goal rather than what the scale is saying in the short term, there's just too much unpredictability in water weight changes.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    sounds like too much salt to me, that water bloat got to you
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I ate 8k calories on Sunday yes you read that right I was 177lbs before the next day I was 184 today I'm 178lb and if that was a cheat day dam you must eat salad the rest of the time cause all what you said sounds fine to me it's all about portion control :)