Newbie here

Options
Hello all,
I have been trying to lose weight for some time but it has become very important now due to some health complications.
Met with a nutritionist today and he asked a question that forced me to really make a commitment to getting healthy. He asked why besides myself did I want to lose the weight and the only thing I could think about was that I want to be around for my grand kids and watch them graduate and get married. I love those kids more than I can express here (will keep it short).
He also recommended this app so here I am. Ready to make this my best year ever so far. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a bit scared because I have established these poor eating habits for so long but I know that with God and the community here I can be successful.
Any and all people that would like to help and keep me accountable are welcome and appreciated.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and have a wonderful journey to better health.

Replies

• sunnycloud82
    sunnycloud82 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I think it's very important to find your "why". For me it's my two kids - I want to set a great example for them and to be healthy and active with them. Whenever you are struggling don't think about how hard this is - think about your beautiful grandkids! Makes such a big difference. Best of luck to you on your journey!
  • CMA2757
    CMA2757 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    For me scared of stroke or heart attack...love my family too.