Too much vitamin c?

Options
I ate one serving of strawberries and now I’ve passed my goal of 100 of vitamin c it’s at 163..so I can’t eat anything else that contains vitamin c now or it will be considered unhealthy?

Replies

• sarahjen92
    sarahjen92 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You're fine. That's the bare minimum you need. You can consume a lot of vitamin C. I really don't think you can get too much of it. I take emergen-c packets and my multi vitamins have c also...so I get tons.
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    That's a minimum, you would be extremely hard pressed to consume an unhealthy amount of vitamin c
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Nah, as the others said, you're fine. I'm frequently way over on Vit A and C.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I ate one serving of strawberries and now I’ve passed my goal of 100 of vitamin c it’s at 163..so I can’t eat anything else that contains vitamin c now or it will be considered unhealthy?

Where did you get those numbers. Vitamin C is not one of the default items on the MFP chart, so likely it doesn't matter.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,079 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

Where did you get those numbers. Vitamin C is not one of the default items on the MFP chart, so likely it doesn't matter.

You can set Vit C as one of the tracked nutrients in FOOD > Settings.

Vitamin C is a water soluble vitamin. The body will just eliminate what it doesn't use through urination, so it is totally fine to go over.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Nah...vitamin C is water soluble and you'll just piss out whatever your body doesn't use.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Nah...vitamin C is water soluble and you'll just piss out whatever your body doesn't use.

I find it so amusing that word isn't kittened! :lol:
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

You can set Vit C as one of the tracked nutrients in FOOD > Settings.

Vitamin C is a water soluble vitamin. The body will just eliminate what it doesn't use through urination, so it is totally fine to go over.

This.