Odd request

Options
salmarooni
salmarooni Posts: 42 Member
Im staying with family and struggling to keep on track. They like snacks and eating out. I'm finding it difficult to eat healthy. I have smaller portions, avoid the sweets and offered to cook dinner a few nights but told no, im a guest. I want to go out and by myself some fresh fruit and veg but so worried it will look like i'm suggesting they lead an unhealthy life e.g dont feed kids fruit and veg. Any suggestions I can try and be healther without causing a bad atmsophere?

On the plus side I know now for a fact my lifestyle has finally changed. Not sure how I ever liked gorging on choco and pizza when now I cant wait to go back home, eat healthy and exercise lots! Haha

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Bring the fruits and veg in and offer them as communal food in thanks for their hospitality. If they are as bad as you say, you won't have much competition.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    How long are you staying there? I would just buy the produce. They can live their life, but it shouldn't influence how you live yours. You would really a create a bad atmosphere if you brought home a honeydew melon?
  • salmarooni
    salmarooni Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Suppose not! In terms of atmosphere yes. Been a few comments of 'ooo, only had 2 slices of pizza/pieces of cake. Whats wrong, do we need to become vegan?' Etc. Pathetic I know but find it easier so I avoid the passive aggressivness. Maybe I just need to grow a pair and do it anyway! Haha
  • elizarizo
    elizarizo Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Just do it, idk why people think it’s a big deal to wanna eat better with out “being rude or sending a wrong message”
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Bring some fruit and veg you like, and a bag of cookies THEY like. That should stop the "healthy" comments, and everyone gets what they want.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Buy food to share with everyone as thanks for putting you up.
    If you are not staying much longer just put up with it. You'll survive.

Sneak off and buy some vegetables to hide under your pillow. Munch on carrots and celery after everyone has gone to bed. That image makes me laugh.