Anyone tried the Insanity workout?

Options
What is your personal experience with Insanity? Did you find it effective?

I'm excited I managed to get a copy but not sure when to start.

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Insanity workout? What is that? I've never heard of it.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I've done them mixed up with p90x. Insanity is no joke! High intensity cardio for sure. One thing I notice is that it can be rough on the knees because there's lots of jumping.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    What is your personal experience with Insanity? Did you find it effective?

I'm excited I managed to get a copy but not sure when to start.

I have tried it. I liked it more than Jillian Micheals and other DVDs thats for sure. I think you will enjoy it if you like intense workouts. I got into boxing shortly after getting Insanity and since boxing was equally challenging + kinda group thing + you learn a defensive skill I preferred that over insanity.

Try it. See if you dig it. Good luck :)
  • wiserebel
    wiserebel Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm starting on Monday, I did the fitness test last Wednesday to see what it was like and it was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be.

I'm looking forward to starting it!!
  • FoxWilkinson
    FoxWilkinson Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing my second round of Insanity, and there was a good 3 months of school related nonsense between, and I love it. I have found that I need the high intensity workouts over the leisurely hour at the gym.

The one thing for me, and that I highly recommend, is try not to worry about the number on the scale. Insanity really helped slim me down and I look so much more toned. But I've only lost 3 lbs so far and I'm coming up to the end of the 60 days. I just figure since my pants are falling off I'm getting slimmer, even if the scale is saying I've gained weight in a week.

Stick to nutritious food, and when your body says your hungry, don't ignore it. Insanity is intense and you have to compensate for that. The first couple weeks of doing Insanity I was a bottomless pit for food.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    If you do a search you will find millions of posts about this.
  • EGSanz225
    Options
    Insanity workout? What is that? I've never heard of it.

Best way I can explain it: http://health.usnews.com/health-news/health-wellness/articles/2013/03/06/insanity-workout-qa-with-creator-shaun-t

Thanks for the input guys