1500 Calorie meal plans

I need some help meal planning. I need to be between 1400-1600 calories per day. I work out 5 days a week at 5:30am. Does anybody have a go to meal plan that works for them that works out in the morning? Do you eat something before you work out and what is your go to post workout meal?

Thanks!

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    I need some help meal planning. I need to be between 1400-1600 calories per day. I work out 5 days a week at 5:30am. Does anybody have a go to meal plan that works for them that works out in the morning? Do you eat something before you work out and what is your go to post workout meal?

Thanks!

Are they you? What works for one person won't necessarily work for the next. Have you tried just putting foods you like in to your diary and adjusting amounts to fit your requirements?
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,104 Member
    I was on 1500 calories for a good portion of my weight loss (although it was net not gross so on active days I would be closer to 2000 cals) I just plan meals about a week ahead of food I like that is easy to prepare in advance and gives me a good balance of nutrition.

Breakfast/Brunch
    Mon-Fri which is weetabix with fruit and then some form of eggs for brunch on a weekend.

LunchesI prep my lunches ahead for Mon-Fri which is usually a couple of portions of soup/pasta/wraps and have them ready to grab and go in the fridge/freezer.

Snacks I have a basket of pre-weighed/individual wrapped snacks in a basket.

Dinner I usually make one big pan of something on a Sunday and freeze some and use that for weeknights interspersed with something from a previous week so I am not eating the same thing over and over. It's usually things like Thai Green Curry, Casserole, Strogonoff, Fishcakes, Meatballs, etc. Something that is quick to reheat or that is prepped ready to quickly pan fry with some veg. On a weekend I will normally eat out one night and make a fakeaway for the other.

I don't eat before workouts because that makes me feel nauseous, but it's a personal preference.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    If you just want a 1400-1600 calories meal plan, google it. If you're curious about what others eat, you're free to ask. (I'm eating a bit more than that, so it's probably of no interest to you anyway.) If you want a meal plan that works for you, make it yourself. If you want help with meal planning, google "meal planning", read some articles (there's lot of good stuff out there), try it out for yourself, and then ask specific questions. Many of the questions you have now, will have resolved themselves when you get to that stage.
  • nancymargaret24
    nancymargaret24 Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    When I was averaging 1650-1750 cals in order to lose 0.5lb a week:-

breakfast 300 cals (poached or boiled eggs wholewheat toast / porridge with fruit / cheese omelette)
    mid morning snack 135 - pancake/ choc chip brioche/ half scone
    Lunch: salad /soup/sandwich 400-500 cals
    dinner: stews/curries/pastas 500-600 cals
    evening snack: snack sized chocolate bar 100
    5 cups tea/coffee add up to 100 cals in the day.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Nice topic here... i want to ask that , this is true to lose 500 calories in a day here i read an article please guide me source is Here

If you have questions, you may want to start your own thread.
  • renaldamaria
    renaldamaria Posts: 2 Member
    The nutrition and food web archives have great guidelines:
    http://www.nafwa.org/phocadownload/downloads/1500.pdf
  • Mazintrov13
    Mazintrov13 Posts: 134 Member
    There is a good sub reddit called 1500isplenty if you want to google
  • daisyf717
    daisyf717 Posts: 57 Member
    I’m also about 1500 cal and there are some good meal planning options on Pinterest, etc. I like to do oatmeal and eggs just about every day (but I don’t workout that early. I would still just do oatmeal bf my early workout and then eggs later in the morning).
    I do 1/2 cup servings of starch like quinoa, sweet potato or rice. 3oz chicken/lean meat, and about 1 cup veggies... but it varies. That’s just an idea to start with. Good luck! Feel free to add me as a friend too (and then you can also see I have a few too many wine glasses on occasion too