mfp and fitbit: negativ calories for the day because mfp adds every fitbit calorie as exercise

Options
orkla
orkla Posts: 34 Member
I ended the day on negative 9 calories and mfp yelling at me. What can I do about it, if anything?

Replies

• saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Eat more
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    How low are you eating to end up at a net negative? What you can do about it is eat more.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    500 calories isn't enough to meet basic nutritional needs. If you do it consistently it will lead to malnutrition. That is why MFP is "yelling" at you.

Minimum you should be eating is 1200 for weight loss. If you're active you could actually eat more than 1200 and still lose weight.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Unless you ran a marathon, there's no reason for a net negative... even then, you should probably try to avoid a net negative.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    MFP would be yelling at you without the FitBit calories because you only ate 500 calories. This is not enough to sustain any human. Please eat at least 1200.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You should be getting 1400ish net, based on your goal. Since you burned 570, you should have eaten 1900+ calories, not 500
  • orkla
    Options
    @amusedmonkey

It really isn't that bad, this was yesterday and I ended up just deleting everything in frustration. I wrote this around lunch time so I promise it's not that bad.
  • orkla
    Options
    @saragd012

I'd forgotten about my activity setting. That might help.

And this was written around lunsj time about frustration from yesterday. I promise I wasn't done eating for the day.
  • orkla
    Options
    @shadow2soul

You guys are the best, you know that?

But, no need to 'mom' me (although it does warm my heart), I wrote this about yesterday and what was in the diary was my pre-planned meals. I promise there will be more food by the time I'm through.
  • orkla
    Options
    I found out what went wrong, I was paying to much attention to how much exercise my fitbit claimed I had done and the negativ number from there that I didn't notice that one of my food items were wrong from the entry and only had 5 cal when it was supposed to be 700.

New fitbit is confusing me right now.