Time to do something about it

Options
thinkskinny82
thinkskinny82 Posts: 4 Member
edited February 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Hi there, I'm Randi 35 mother of 3 active children. Finally facing the cruel reality that I am over weight. At first I ignored it. For 2 years actually. It finally hit me shopping for clothes yesterday that in 2 years I went from a size 7 to a sz.12. That's going from 130lbs to 163. I'm 5'1 so I'm not built for the extra weight. It's really starting to effect my heath now. I'm heavier now then I was during any of my pregnancies. My love of food, the comfort I get from watching my favorite shows and eating my favorite food has now become my constant battle. I can see the disappointment in my husband's face every time he looks at me or says things like " do you really need another cookie fatty?" He thinks it's funny. If you can relate to any of this and could use a friend for motivation or just to talk like I could use, I would be greatful.

Replies

• momwifenurse021406
    Options
    Hey mother of two here 31. In the same boat! I would love someone to hold me accountable and just be a friendly ear. PM if interested
  • lunitastar
    lunitastar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey . I am currently over weight as well. A lot bigger than you and for many years I embraced it . Big is beautiful thing because well i thought it was easier . I’m a short woman as well and this year when my husband and I started talking about having kids . Man it hit me I don’t wanna be that mom that’s “too tired to do things.” So I’m trying to get healthy and it’s hard because like you I’m a big foodie! My husband is doing the diet with me but I am very mean to myself when I look in the mirror or have a bad day. I’d love to add you for motivation. Swap stories or even if u need someone to listen shot me a message !
  • inf714
    inf714 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Helloo
  • thinkskinny82
    Options
    Hello :)
  • eshebam
    eshebam Posts: 40 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    change sounds like a good idea, but express that those jokes are not funny - positivity would help a whole lot more!
  • thinkskinny82
    Options
    I have. Then I get the "don't be such a snowflake comments". Honestly it dosent even bother me anymore. Just want to feel better about me for me :)