Oats, milk and peanut butter before lifting?

Options
Hey everyone really new to this so I Would appreciate your help. I just had a tablespoon of peanut butter half a cup of rolled oats and a cup of 2% milk how long after eating that should I wait to work out and is that too much? And after working out should I eat a good meal I’m going to be training legs and butt today

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Well you've probably eaten more than you're going to burn off...

For lifting I can do it pretty much straight away after eating, for cardio I'd wait an hour or so.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Log the pre workout meal to see how many calories that is. You don’t have to wait to work out, and you won’t need anything afterwards.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone really new to this so I Would appreciate your help. I just had a tablespoon of peanut butter half a cup of rolled oats and a cup of 2% milk how long after eating that should I wait to work out and is that too much? And after working out should I eat a good meal I’m going to be training legs and butt today

I found that the kind of meal you just ate was great fuel for a workout - I went through an oatmeal with yogurt kick for a long time. Everyone has a different take about timing and comfort and you'll find what works for you. After working out, it wouldn't hurt to have something with protein - even a cup of milk will do. While there is no necessity for immediate protein after working out, many folks (women in particular, due to consuming fewer calories over all) aren't particularly well fueled when it comes to weight training & muscle repair.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    It's very individual. I would not like to workout with that on my stomach, personally. I'd feel pukey. :sick:

I workout at 0430 without any food. Don't eat breakfast until about 0930 usually. Isn't slowing me down any.