Weights or cardio first?

Options
I am possibly doing my own routine tonight instead of a class.

Does anyone know if it matters if doing weights (either free weights or machines, not sure which I will do yet) or cardio is better, or does it not matter?

Replies

• gates1064
    gates1064 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Do weights first.
  • Natalie7227
    Options
    Aways do weights first. If you do cardio first you will wipe yourself out. Your muscles can only handle so much so the most important is weights and then cardio. I hope this helps!:flowerforyou:
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Yes, do weights first. This way you will get the most benefit because your muscles will have more energy to complete the reps with good form. Your cardio will also be more effective because your muscles will already be tired and they will have to work harder! At least this is what I've always heard. :smile:
  • dj_stevie_c
    dj_stevie_c Posts: 270
    Options
    Warmup - Weights - Cardio
  • 30togomoveit
    30togomoveit Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    OK..thank you for the help!
  • Shadowkitty
    Options
    A lot of trainers recommend doing weights before cardio, because you supposedly have more strength to lift. However try both ways for a while (weights first, then cardio, or cardio first, and then weights). Even though I tried to listen to my trainer, I found that I had more energy for weights if I did the cardio first. I felt pumped and ready for the next step (weights), the other way around I found myself to tired to continue with cardio.

What I am trying to say is to listen to your body and go with what feels right to you. Is just like the preference people have for exercising; some feel better and like to do it in the morning and others in the evening.
    Good luck! Let us know how it goes.