40 day lent fitness challenge

Options
Hi All,

Plan to do 40 days of fitness (30 mins everyday) for the duration of Lent instead of giving up the usual suspects. Before pictures to follow. Please add me of you fancy an accountability buddy or want to join in.

Natalie x

Replies

• aubaby
    aubaby Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! I will look at it like giving up 30 minutes of inactivity.
  • meloyellow27
    meloyellow27 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love this idea! I'll be right with you!
  • Ohla224
    Ohla224 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Let's do it!
  • ramshackles
    ramshackles Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Great to see so many people on board!
  • MandyPie621
    MandyPie621 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm all in! 40 days.. every day.. 30 minutes minimum!
  • Ghostofachance
    Ghostofachance Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'm usually pretty consistent during the week, but tend to slack off on the weekends. A good way to hold myself accountable.
  • slunsmann72
    slunsmann72 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in. At least 30 minutes...going for 60 though!
  • ezicash74
    ezicash74 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in! I am also giving up diet soda for 40 days and do 15,000 steps a day
  • W8WarI
    W8WarI Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Is this some kind of sacrifice or punishment? I don't do the Lent thing and it wasn't part of my upbringing so never quite understood the purpose .

I chose to participate, not due to religion but the principal & that's to change something temporarily, with the hope that it becomes permanent! However without the expectation, of it being a lifestyle change & thus it reduces the pressure, to make any change indefinite! <3
  • trishfit2014
    trishfit2014 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I am in. Giving up alcohol and engaging in at least 30 minutes of activity a day. Yoga today.
  • Mellyissa1607ca
    Mellyissa1607ca Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in! I am doing daily morning workouts! 30 minutes a day minimum! I am adding this to my traditional fasting, prayer and almsgiving.
  • theresa961
    theresa961 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am using Lent to get my chocolate addiction under control. No chocolate candy at all. Is it cheating to have a fiber one bar with chocolate chips?? My Catholic guilt will get the best of me.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    theresa961 wrote: »
    I am using Lent to get my chocolate addiction under control. No chocolate candy at all. Is it cheating to have a fiber one bar with chocolate chips?? My Catholic guilt will get the best of me.

Do you consider chocolate chips to be chocolate candy? I mean, I would . . . but that doesn't mean someone else's definition has to be your definition.
  • Babs2Baby
    Babs2Baby Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea! I think I'll join in. I'm also giving up alcohol.