Resisting the urge to binge

Options
We're not perfect. What does everyone do to ignore the feeling to binge? I've been doing pretty good lately, but I had a very strong feeling to just gorge on some fried chicken and fries today (which I successfully ignored) but I was wondering what everyone does in those moments they don't feel so strong or are having a bad day and might feel more subjective to binge

Replies

• U2BFM
    U2BFM Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Drink some water or go for a quick walk to change the atmosphere.
  • gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I usually want to binge in evenings, so I try to convince myself that it's a new day in a couple hours and then I will be able to have plenty of new guilt free calories. Take a shower, drink tea or any zero-kcal lemonade (I know it's bad but it's the last resort 1x month and a binge is definitely worse) , go to gym, watch a movie, call a friend, basically everything that can distract me. Or figure out what's the emotional issue that's causing the binge and try to fix that.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I log every bite and try to keep it to a manageable mini-binge. Logging really helps me to stay in maintenance range, rather than the gaining zone.
  • ITUSGirl51
    ITUSGirl51 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I gained weight with night time overeating. It’s a terrible habit I have. Even after dieting I would still do it once a week, but I logged all the calories. So over time the calories I was over eating became less and less as the weeks went by. It took about 7 months, but I finally stopped doing it. I found the feeling I got from over eating wasn’t as good as the feeling I got the next morning from conquering the urge to over eat. I still have nights I just want to stuff my face, but remind myself it won’t make me feel better. If I still need to fill that hole, I drink a cup of decaf coffee with sweet and low, and a tablespoon of half and half. It always makes me feel better. It’s warm and has fat, but is only 20 calories.