POLAR FT4

Options
I now am convienced that I will buy a HRM and I'm hinking this one has good reviews normal price... My biiiiiig question is

if you wear the chest trap all day does it tell you how many calories you burn ALL day/night? basically does it work to calculate your TDEE or just calories burn in a workout session

Thankyou!

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    HRMs are not accurate for low intensity daily activities so wearing it all day would give false readings. If you want something to monitor yourself all day you need to look at something like a fitbit or bodymedia device
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't use it for that, to be honest. It's not like the fitbit thing where it record your sleeping.
    I find that sometime (not always, but sometimes) it'll zero out my heart rate and beep at me like I'm dead, lol. Usually that means I have to adjust the strap or something.

Just use it for calorie burn/time. I'm guessing you wanted as close as possible to your TDEE or something so you know what your% cut will be. Just use the calculators out there. True they're guesstimates but they work well.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I now am convienced that I will buy a HRM and I'm hinking this one has good reviews normal price... My biiiiiig question is

if you wear the chest trap all day does it tell you how many calories you burn ALL day/night? basically does it work to calculate your TDEE or just calories burn in a workout session

Thankyou!

No, it will not be accurate to wear all day, it will tell you what you burn in a workout, but unless you get your HR 120 and above, it will not be accurate.

It is great for steady state cardio, I have the FT4 Polar, but for wearing all day, it will not be suitable.
  • camila_scl
    camila_scl Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys!!