Air fryer and general questions

Options
Hey guys I bought a air fryer and I am wondering is it healthy to cook with it. I started gym a week ago did it for 5 days various exercise (don’t know what I am doing but have a kitty routine I do I split my muscle groups each day) . Anyway I been cooking with the air fryer all week I make catfish steaks chicken put frozen Walmart wing in eat etc you name it. I think it’s healthy do to the no oil that I don’t have to use. Any thoughts on the air fryer? I have more questions just want this to be answered lol becaoi don’t want to be workin out and diet is poor using this l. Oh and yes I do include veggies sometimes

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    if we said no it wasn't healthy, would you stop using it?
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    An air fryer will not make healthy food unhealthy, nor make unhealthy ones healthy. It uses less oil than a deep fryer but it really depends on what you are cooking.
  • dariusshaw
    dariusshaw Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Well I don’t use any oil I just season and put it in there
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I do oven fries in mine and they are not any less calories but they do taste better. They are definately better than oil fried as far as calorie count goes. A healthy diet includes all kinds of foods and no particular food is "bad". Some things do support health better. Using less oil when cooking helps lower the calorie count which supports a low calorie diet used to reduce excess body fat. So from that standpoint it could be healthier.
  • dariusshaw
    edited February 2018
    Options
    And yes tavistock I probably would just trying to find ways to cook healthy I use to eat a lot of fried things but stoping that I don’t put any oil in the air fryer so just assume it is healthier that way then just frying fish or chicken just have to season and put it in
  • dariusshaw
    Options
    Yes Chery I meant to put it like that I know using the air fryer won’t cut out the particular food I choose calories, I was just saying how I liked fried things that an air fryer would eliminate those extra calories from grease.
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    The only reason anything is "healthier" in the air fryer is because there is no oil used to "fry" it. But a mozzarella stick is still a mozzarella stick. I use mine quite often, it comes in handy when I'm just cooking for myself, I don't have to heat up the whole oven to roast 3oz of potato or a cook a small piece of chicken. I do like how it makes things crispier, almost liked being fried.
  • dariusshaw
    Options
    Yes jenn I realize that what ever o put in there is not going to lose calories it was the fact that I ate a lot of fried food before and with this I thought it would be healthier since no oil goes into to the food. And I also do love the crunch it gives as well.