When you're doing IIFYM Keto and it's Valentine's Day...

Options
... and you realize you can fit 2 Lindor Truffles into your Macros perfectly!!!!!!!!
k34ug9qmebjs.jpg

Replies

• inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    what is IIFYM Keto?
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I decided to do OMAD today so I can just eat 1200 cals of pizza for dinner as a special treat. Heck yes.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    IIFYM keto with chocolate truffles thrown in... I've now seen every kind of bogus 'diets' on these boards.

Out of curiosity, do you know what keto is?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    IIFYM keto with chocolate truffles thrown in... I've now seen every kind of bogus 'diets' on these boards.

Two truffles (if I'm looking it up correctly) would be about 12 grams of carbohydrates. I think that's well within the guidelines for carbohydrates for keto so if one limited carbohydrates for the rest of the day, I'm not clear why this would be bogus or not keto?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    12 grams or more of carbs out of... what... 20? 25? hmm.
  • breefoshee
    breefoshee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Hmm. Yea so... I say Keto/IIFYM so not to offend either group.. but maybe end up doing both lol. When I first started Keto, I thought it was just as simple as staying under 20-25 NET carbs a day... but a lot of Ketoer's don't approve certain ingredients as being Keto-- even if it does fit within that limit. So even if I could fit a truffle in my macro's many would say "that's not keto."

So I say IIFYM but I wanted to distinguish that my carb goals are extremely low--- which is why this is such an awesome thing. My total carbs will be 45...my Fiber is at 21... making my net carbs 24. So... yes. It fits in my macros. AND yes. I do know what Keto means. And yes. I am pretty pumped about it.

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,393 MFP Moderator
    Options
    breefoshee wrote: »
    Hmm. Yea so... I say Keto/IIFYM so not to offend either group.. but maybe end up doing both lol. When I first started Keto, I thought it was just as simple as staying under 20-25 NET carbs a day... but a lot of Ketoer's don't approve certain ingredients as being Keto-- even if it does fit within that limit. So even if I could fit a truffle in my macro's many would say "that's not keto."

So I say IIFYM but I wanted to distinguish that my carb goals are extremely low--- which is why this is such an awesome thing. My total carbs will be 45...my Fiber is at 21... making my net carbs 24. So... yes. It fits in my macros. AND yes. I do know what Keto means. And yes. I am pretty pumped about it.

Keto is only about getting your body to rely on ketones. If people judge you for ingredients, they don't have a clue what they are actually doing and are generally the ones who are following the fad. It's really no different than how Paleo was a few years ago.
  • breefoshee
    Options

Two truffles (if I'm looking it up correctly) would be about 12 grams of carbohydrates. I think that's well within the guidelines for carbohydrates for keto so if one limited carbohydrates for the rest of the day, I'm not clear why this would be bogus or not keto?

Exactly. The rest of my meals(weighed and measured):

Breakfast: Coffee with Heavy Whipping cream and a slice of Cheese: Net carbs: 1
    Lunch: Stuffed Bell Peppers and a half of avocado: Net Carbs: 11
    Dinner: Cilantro Salmon and Broccoli: Net Carbs: 2
    Snack: Chia Seed pudding with Sugar-free whipped cream.. and my 2 truffles and coffee with HWC: 10

Total calories=1587 Total Net 24

Now can we celebrate?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Snack: Chia Seed pudding with Sugar-free whipped cream.. and my 2 truffles and coffee with HWC: 10

Now can we celebrate?

I'm always down to celebrate some truffles!
  • breefoshee
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

Keto is only about getting your body to rely on ketones. If people judge you for ingredients, they don't have a clue what they are actually doing and are generally the ones who are following the fad. It's really no different than how Paleo was a few years ago.

That's what I would say... but I'm in a few FB Keto groups and some of them are super hardcore about following the original plan when it was given to Epilepsy patients in the 1920's. There are a list of "not approved Keto Foods" and they would argue that anyone not following the original plan isn't doing "True Keto."
  • breefoshee
    Options

Now can we celebrate?

I'm always down to celebrate some truffles!

un4ix0nobp00.jpg
  • psuLemon
    Options

That's what I would say... but I'm in a few FB Keto groups and some of them are super hardcore about following the original plan when it was given to Epilepsy patients in the 1920's. There are a list of "not approved Keto Foods" and they would argue that anyone not following the original plan isn't doing "True Keto."

Oh, so they are only doing 5% protein? If so, good luck with all the muscle loss.

Those are group's id leave.
  • breefoshee
    Options

Oh, so they are only doing 5% protein? If so, good luck with all the muscle loss.

Hmm. I didn't know that the original was 5% protein! I actually haven't read that much into the "original plan" because I knew I wanted to just meet macronutrient goals.

I try to coexist and just not post things that they wouldn't approve of (like truffle victories) because though they are crazy strict, it is beneficial for me to read about electrolytes, recipes and other things specific to doing really low carb dieting.
  • psuLemon
    Options

Hmm. I didn't know that the original was 5% protein! I actually haven't read that much into the "original plan" because I knew I wanted to just meet macronutrient goals.

I try to coexist and just not post things that they wouldn't approve of (like truffle victories) because though they are crazy strict, it is beneficial for me to read about electrolytes, recipes and other things specific to doing really low carb dieting.

The original theroputic treatment for epilepsy was 5% carbs and protein and 90% fat. More recently did they start doing the modified ketogenic diet to increase protein based on the benefits that you get from protein.
  • breefoshee
    Options

The original theroputic treatment for epilepsy was 5% carbs and protein and 90% fat. More recently did they start doing the modified ketogenic diet to increase protein based on the benefits that you get from protein.

Thanks... this is helpful to know. They aren't doing "true keto" either... so they can't really claim the name. Now I don't have to address my diet as IIFYM Keto lol!