Macros

Options
Hi everyone! So I keep reading about macros and the consensus is to keep fat at around 20-30% and higher in carbs and protein? Now presently I’m bulking so I’m looking to maintain at a caloric surplus. I find that I tend to like foods higher in fat than carbs. My protein is around the rule of 1 g / lb of body weight now I know most say it’s lean body weight etc..I’m 178 lbs and eat about 170-190 g of protein per day. The rest is carbs and fat. I get about 300 sometimes 400 g of carbs per day and then fats are around 35% usually which is like around 100 or slightly above grams per day. What’s wrong with going over in fats? I keep majority of my fats as healthy and unsaturated the best that I can with some sat fat. What is the cost for eating too much fat compared to more carbs or protein? Besides possible bloood clots when I’m 60 yrs old? Just trying to understand bc so many people say to keep fats at the low end of 20-30% max yet I keep going over due to personal eating preference especially since I need to maintain a caloric surplus. What do you guys think?

Replies

• Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with eating higher fat, those numbers are minimums. Your numbers look good...you're over thinking.
  • se015
    se015 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with eating higher fat, those numbers are minimums. Your numbers look good...you're over thinking.

Thank you I mean that’s what I figured just wanted to see what others thought! Thank you!